FX 6300 Black edition +VDDA voltage 3.060V

rajan1788

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
Hello,

Before posting this thread i did go through the forum regarding the problem and i couldn't find the solution for it.

Specs:

FX 6300 black edition
asus m5a99x evo r2.0
Corsair Vengeance ddr3 8 gb ram
Asus R9280x
Coller Master Thunder 600W

The Asus Ai suit II is giving me warings regarding the +VDDA voltage being high. I checked bios and verified that it is indeed at 3.06V. It was set to auto, so i tried changing to 2.5V manually. The settings did not take effect and it still shows the voltage at 3.06v

Can anyone who has the same processor and mobo confirm whether its the same or mine is abnormal?

Any suggestions? should i RMA the processor? Please help

G

From what I can gather it's a voltage relating to the North Bridge chipset and the amount aids in overclocking - Most likely the FSB.
I've found a few people with similar or higher values than that, so it should be alright.

You might want to try manually updating your BIOS to the latest revision. It could be a bug.
I wouldn't use the ASUS software personally.

If things are on Auto, then the board most likely knows what it's doing, monitor your CPU VCORE and the die temps under loads to look out for any abnormalities caused by the VDDA.
The board is pretty awesome, so unless it's a straight-up dud out of the box I would say it's pretty normal.

rajan1788

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I am going to test my mobo and processor separately today. I will put my findings. I checked few threads regarding this and some had screenshot there was no abnormal voltage to VDDA. My spec is still at stock settings

rajan1788

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
I tried different processor in my motherboard and it also received excessive voltage. Tried my Fx 6300 in different mobo and it was supplied with standard voltage. I guess mobo was faulty out of the box. If anyone has this issue can try this and if its the same do RMA

TRENDING THREADS