Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help Upgrade my gaming pc!

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 5, 2014 10:00:32 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Tomorrow.
Budget Range: 200$ BEFORE Rebates.
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming
Parts to Upgrade: I was thinking motherboard and ram?
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com only.
Location: Usa, texas
Overclocking: YES for sure.
SLI or Crossfire: Yes in the future.
Additional Comments: You'll notice that i don't have any ram listed on my parts list that is posted below, but that is because i already had some ram on hand. I don't know what brand it is, but it's 4 sticks of 1333mhz 2gig ram. I was thinking to upgrade the motherboard and ram, maybe a small ssd too. But, i heard microsoft considers putting a new motherboard in a pc, a new pc and you got to buy windows again?
SPECS:VVVVVVV
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/XxSliminemxX/saved/tRBG3C

More about : upgrade gaming

a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2014 10:06:13 PM

That is a good build.. if you plan on overclocking i suggest you get an aftermarket cooler.. Go for an ASUS m5a97 r2.0 mobo
m
0
l
August 5, 2014 10:07:39 PM

You have 8GB of RAM and you're trying to upgrade it? Why? The speed of the memory is not going to affect your gaming performance by any significant amount. You don't need 16GB of RAM for gaming unless you're multi-boxing a lot of windows in a game like WoW.

The rest of your system is fine.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 5, 2014 10:08:51 PM

Armo1000 said:
That is a good build.. if you plan on overclocking i suggest you get an aftermarket cooler.. Go for an ASUS m5a97 r2.0 mobo
Well i heard my motherboard is very very bad for overclocking, and yes a cpu cooler fan is also something i was looking at. Do you have any recommendations for a red/black build?
I also want to upgrade my ram because it's only 1333mhz and i believe that will hold my back on more high end games? But my mb only supports 1333mhz ram, so i'd have to upgrade that too. So basically, LONG STORY SHORT: What MB, ram and cpu cooler would you recommend for a red/black build?

m
0
l
August 5, 2014 10:09:47 PM

Syntax42 said:
You have 8GB of RAM and you're trying to upgrade it? Why? The speed of the memory is not going to affect your gaming performance by any significant amount. You don't need 16GB of RAM for gaming unless you're multi-boxing a lot of windows in a game like WoW.

The rest of your system is fine.

I want to upgrade the ram because i pulled it from an old 11 year old gaming pc that no longer works.
Edit: It is ddr3 ram though.
m
0
l
August 5, 2014 10:20:54 PM

Also, i did a stress test and my temp 3 (I believe my cpu) only got up to 65C!
m
0
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2014 10:30:30 PM

XxSliminemxX said:
Armo1000 said:
That is a good build.. if you plan on overclocking i suggest you get an aftermarket cooler.. Go for an ASUS m5a97 r2.0 mobo
Well i heard my motherboard is very very bad for overclocking, and yes a cpu cooler fan is also something i was looking at. Do you have any recommendations for a red/black build?
I also want to upgrade my ram because it's only 1333mhz and i believe that will hold my back on more high end games? But my mb only supports 1333mhz ram, so i'd have to upgrade that too. So basically, LONG STORY SHORT: What MB, ram and cpu cooler would you recommend for a red/black build?



I dunno where you got the review, but ASUS mobo m5a97 r2.0 is a really good one.. im using and im getting good OC performance.. i ve never tried xfiring yet.. but i heard its also good.. the 8GB ram should be good enough no need to change ... For mild OCing the CM 212evo is good... but for heavy OCing i suggest Corsair H100i liquid cooling
Share
August 5, 2014 10:50:30 PM

I said MY motherboard. I heard it can't handle overclocking at all.
m
0
l
!