Solved

Will a FX-6300 Bottleneck a GTX 760 Superclocked?

Hello I am building my first build and I picked out the parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NLQzXL

I'm just wondering if the FX-6300 will bottleneck the gpu and/or if something will go wrong with my pc.

Thanks!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6300 bottleneck gtx 760 superclocked
  1. No, it'll work fine.

I do suggest you get a higher quality PSU though. And if you plan on overclocking a little in the future, consider maybe choosing a gigabyte 970a ud3p even if its a bit extra.
  2. A fx6300 can at most handle a gtx760/R9 280. If you want the full of it,then you should O.C it. But that board is not at all O.K for O.C ing.
    You won't need to O.C the the 8320 for a gtx760,it can handle it easily. The 760superclocked is priced heavily,add this instead and no bottlenecks(due to mantle):
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r9280gaming3g
  3. Calnin said:
    No, it'll work fine.

I do suggest you get a higher quality PSU though. And if you plan on overclocking a little in the future, consider maybe choosing a gigabyte 970a ud3p even if its a bit extra.

Anonymous said:
    A fx6300 can at most handle a gtx760/R9 280. If you want the full of it,then you should O.C it. But that board is not at all O.K for O.C ing.
    You won't need to O.C the the 8320 for a gtx760,it can handle it easily. The 760superclocked is priced heavily,add this instead and no bottlenecks(due to mantle):
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r9280gaming3g

Thanks, but recently I have decided i have enough money and i decided to go with either a fx 6350 or 8320 to go with my GTx 760 superclocked. Which one would you recommend? (I wont be overclocking anything)
  4. Best answer
    Single threaded performance from the fx 6300 to fx 8320 isn't a huge jump, if there is any jump at all. The 6350 would be slightly better than the 8320 performance wise if you were to go with it. The 8320 is a chip for people who are going to be overclocking.

Is there any reason why you aren't overclocking, out of curiosity?
  5. Calnin said:
    Single threaded performance from the fx 6300 to fx 8320 isn't a huge jump, if there is any jump at all. The 6350 would be slightly better than the 8320 performance wise if you were to go with it. The 8320 is a chip for people who are going to be overclocking.

Is there any reason why you aren't overclocking, out of curiosity?

Not that very confident and I want my parts to last a long time
  6. Overclocking an FX-6300 is as easy as falling off a log. You can probably get 4.0 Ghz out of it without even changing the voltage (just the multiplier). Whatever you decide to do take the time to investigate overclocking guides for it on the internet. Again, its extremely easy to get a mild to moderate OC out of an FX processor. Its worth spending $50 more for a 970 chipset motherboard (with VRM cooling like the above mentioned Gigabyte 970A-UD3P) and a good cooler like the Cooler Master 212 Evo. You would at least have the option to overclock in the future after you've educated yourself a bit instead of painting yourself in a corner with a cheap motherboard that can't do it.

BTW - that power supply, while not my choice, is fine for the hardware.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Bottleneck Build CPUs