700-800 Dollar Gaming PC (updated)

Theleagendsxd

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
Hey, I am looking for a PC build for 700-800 I will be needing a monitor (1), a keyboard and mouse,and a operating system include in the build. Thank you to everyone that reply to this it helps me out a lot.THANK YOU!!!!

Solution
I think the fx 6300 is a better buy than the pentium just for the extra cores, if you ever decide to do stuff. Sacrifices on the single thread, but overall it's a bit better as an all round sorta thing. Overclocking it can relieve bottlenecks up to the gtx 770. The pentium does have a nice overclocking limit, and it'll perform better in gaming compared to the fx 6300. The i5 is a better buy if you can afford it. What I mean by extra stuff is like just hosting servers for people while gaming and what not. But, like luca said, there's no amd cpu that'll beat the i5 gaming performance wise. An overclocked fx8320/8350 can probably go to par with it a stock one. That's really as close as it comes as far as I'm aware.

I mitigated the prices...
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kscfxr
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kscfxr/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.66 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.91 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($184.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $839.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Seems very expensive indeed , I will replace it . About the cooler I just included it so he can overclock right out of the box.

Theleagendsxd

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

Would you be able to make a AMD brand computer cause i think you would be able to add a better cpu

The better CPU will cost 50-60 More bucks for the same gaming performance , no reason not to go with the G3258 and overclock it and then down the road when you have extra money get an i5. Intel beats AMD when it comes to gaming and this processor is no different. I can build an AMD Based build but it will be no better. Still if you want to then I'll do it for you ;)

Have a read : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106.html

Theleagendsxd

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

Also I will not be needing Windows My friend has windows 8 for me to install on my new PC so that should add enough to the budget to were the CPU could be upgraded in your build

I think the fx 6300 is a better buy than the pentium just for the extra cores, if you ever decide to do stuff. Sacrifices on the single thread, but overall it's a bit better as an all round sorta thing. Overclocking it can relieve bottlenecks up to the gtx 770. The pentium does have a nice overclocking limit, and it'll perform better in gaming compared to the fx 6300. The i5 is a better buy if you can afford it. What I mean by extra stuff is like just hosting servers for people while gaming and what not. But, like luca said, there's no amd cpu that'll beat the i5 gaming performance wise. An overclocked fx8320/8350 can probably go to par with it a stock one. That's really as close as it comes as far as I'm aware.

I mitigated the prices around to better fit the whole budget from luca's build.

As for the CPU, you could overclock it and the motherboard will support a fairly decent overclock. Whenever you want to overclock, if you go with this build, pick up an aftermarket cooler.

It's really all about sacrifices and what not with this kind of budget. You could go with the i5 build, but it seems quite a bit more expensive without the mail in rebates and what not. My personal preference is to try and keep it more toward the budget without the mail in rebates. They're just like a little bonus and by the time you get them back, it's probably been months since your build. I think my last mail in rebate came like 4-5 months after my purchase and that was on a keyboard.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($83.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($73.95 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.92 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X Video Card ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($60.74 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($154.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $803.53

Solution

Its really up to him , Your build is great , mine is nice too. All money dependent.

Theleagendsxd

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

Both of you builds are amazing I am planing on going with the Intel core i5 build cause of how much bf4 and other graphic intensives games I will be playing