Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I want to lower the Cost of my PC

Tags:
  • Performance
  • Cases
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
August 6, 2014 3:48:25 PM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hkgsVn

Okay so my budget is up to 1500$ but I'm cheap c:

If there are anyways that I can lower the price without losing performance I would love to know how!

Also I will not be changing the case because I'm in love with it!

An I'm also open to any performance improvement suggestions.

Thanks any help is much appreciated.


P.S. I WILL OC THE SHIT OUT OF THIS XD (but really i'll oc to hopefully to around 4.5 give or take a little)

More about : lower cost

August 6, 2014 3:51:31 PM

Yes, get rid of the cpu cooler, a stock will do fine, $100 saved
m
0
l
August 6, 2014 3:54:11 PM

You could choose a better value cooler, but I wouldn't change anything else. Great build!
Is air cooling an option or are you sure you'd like a water cooler? :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
August 6, 2014 3:55:25 PM

Alex Kelly said:
You could choose a better value cooler, but I wouldn't change anything else. Great build!
Is air cooling an option or are you sure you'd like a water cooler? :) 


I could go air cooling its just i plan to overclock as much as i can without going overboard!
m
0
l
August 6, 2014 3:56:34 PM

UberChump said:
Alex Kelly said:
You could choose a better value cooler, but I wouldn't change anything else. Great build!
Is air cooling an option or are you sure you'd like a water cooler? :) 


I could go air cooling its just i plan to overclock as much as i can without going overboard!


Get a noctua dh 14 then, it's cheaper than the h100i and also offers the same performance
m
0
l
August 6, 2014 4:03:07 PM

TomSkini said:
Why are you getting the 'hybrid' version of that hdd? Getting the normal one would save you 25 dollar. And you can get the same quality ram for 10 dollars less as well. Apart from that there's not much more to cut down.


the hybrid performs better the the hdd its slower than ssd but much faster the hdd. aslo which ram should i get?
m
0
l
August 6, 2014 4:04:45 PM

UberChump said:
TomSkini said:
Why are you getting the 'hybrid' version of that hdd? Getting the normal one would save you 25 dollar. And you can get the same quality ram for 10 dollars less as well. Apart from that there's not much more to cut down.


the hybrid performs better the the hdd its slower than ssd but much faster the hdd. aslo which ram should i get?


corsair vengeance or g skill ripjaws will do nicely
m
0
l

Best solution

August 6, 2014 4:07:00 PM

The RAM you have chosen is completely fine, it performs just as well as Ripjaws X RAM does. It just looks different. :) 
Share
August 6, 2014 4:13:26 PM

Enjoy your new build! The EVO is a great cooler, it should get you to a decent OC. You can upgrade the fans on it later for even better performance.
:) 
m
0
l
!