Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this a good gaming rig?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 7, 2014 9:37:02 AM

Here is the link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dzCyHx

I don't think it would have any issues, but I want some experienced opinions. I also want to know if it would hold up with Crysis. I heard the Crysis series takes a powerful pc to run. Will this be able to run it with good fps? If this isn't a good gaming rig, can you give me some advice? I have a 550 dollar budget.

More about : good gaming rig

August 7, 2014 9:55:17 AM

You'll want a better power supply. And a slightly better gpu, like the r9 270x, if you want to handle the newer crysis competently.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 10:00:31 AM

skullcrusher956 said:
Here is the link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dzCyHx

I don't think it would have any issues, but I want some experienced opinions. I also want to know if it would hold up with Crysis. I heard the Crysis series takes a powerful pc to run. Will this be able to run it with good fps? If this isn't a good gaming rig, can you give me some advice? I have a 550 dollar budget.


It will do ok, you will get 60+ FPS. I would go for the GTX 760 or drop back to the 6 series and get a 660TI new overstock on EBAY for $220.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 7, 2014 10:39:16 AM

Okay, I checked out the 600 series, it is worse than the 750 ti, plus the one I picked is superclocked. I cannot go past the 750 on my budget. I also want Geforce gtx because I plan on buying a shield. Also, isn't 60 fps good in games? But, anyways, other than crysis, will this do well on good settings in newer games like TitanFall or BF4? My MoBo is crossfire so I will buy another gpu when I get the money.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 10:50:31 AM

skullcrusher956 said:
Okay, I checked out the 600 series, it is worse than the 750 ti, plus the one I picked is superclocked. I cannot go past the 750 on my budget. I also want Geforce gtx because I plan on buying a shield. Also, isn't 60 fps good in games? But, anyways, other than crysis, will this do well on good settings in newer games like TitanFall or BF4? My MoBo is crossfire so I will buy another gpu when I get the money.


The 660TI can pull 2.3 TFLOPS. Thats more than the 750TI. 60 FPS is considered playable.
m
0
l
August 7, 2014 11:03:40 AM

skullcrusher956 said:
Okay, I checked out the 600 series, it is worse than the 750 ti, plus the one I picked is superclocked. I cannot go past the 750 on my budget. I also want Geforce gtx because I plan on buying a shield. Also, isn't 60 fps good in games? But, anyways, other than crysis, will this do well on good settings in newer games like TitanFall or BF4? My MoBo is crossfire so I will buy another gpu when I get the money.


For one, you dont want crossfire. You want sli. And I do not think the 750 ti does sli. I could be wrong.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 11:53:13 AM

jerryvaberry said:
skullcrusher956 said:
Okay, I checked out the 600 series, it is worse than the 750 ti, plus the one I picked is superclocked. I cannot go past the 750 on my budget. I also want Geforce gtx because I plan on buying a shield. Also, isn't 60 fps good in games? But, anyways, other than crysis, will this do well on good settings in newer games like TitanFall or BF4? My MoBo is crossfire so I will buy another gpu when I get the money.


For one, you dont want crossfire. You want sli. And I do not think the 750 ti does sli. I could be wrong.


Nope, no SLI on the 750TI. Ha, that rhymed.
m
0
l
August 7, 2014 11:56:05 AM

I didn't say I wanted SLI I am gonna do crossfire, which is the same concept, except it is AMD and only supports 2 cards. The 750 ti supports crossfire.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 12:00:36 PM

skullcrusher956 said:
I didn't say I wanted SLI I am gonna do crossfire, which is the same concept, except it is AMD and only supports 2 cards. The 750 ti supports crossfire.


Wait, the 750TI is a GeForce card. They do SLI, not Crossfire.
m
0
l
August 7, 2014 12:06:23 PM

Wow, that's weird, I swear I remember it supporting crossfire, but it doesn't support SLI either. I am stuck at a crossroads. Either go with a better card that has Sli or crossfire, or forget about sli and crossfire and go with this for nvidia shield. What do you guys think? Sacrifice shield for sli and crossfire, or go with this and get the shield?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 12:08:10 PM

skullcrusher956 said:
Wow, that's weird, I swear I remember it supporting crossfire, but it doesn't support SLI either. I am stuck at a crossroads. Either go with a better card that has Sli or crossfire, or forget about sli and crossfire and go with this for nvidia shield. What do you guys think? Sacrifice shield for sli and crossfire, or go with this and get the shield?


I would get a better card. Heck, if you don't mind used, I found a pair of never overclocked 660TIs on EBAY for $118.
m
0
l
August 7, 2014 12:10:43 PM

skullcrusher956 said:
Here is the link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dzCyHx

I don't think it would have any issues, but I want some experienced opinions. I also want to know if it would hold up with Crysis. I heard the Crysis series takes a powerful pc to run. Will this be able to run it with good fps? If this isn't a good gaming rig, can you give me some advice? I have a 550 dollar budget.


you need a more powerful psu, and if i were you, i would downgrade the cpu and upgrade the gpu.
m
0
l
August 7, 2014 12:12:37 PM

I guess the shield is no big deal. My build is designed around upgradability anyway. I think I will check out amd cards. I've heard they're good.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 12:16:00 PM

skullcrusher956 said:
I guess the shield is no big deal. My build is designed around upgradability anyway. I think I will check out amd cards. I've heard they're good.


Driver issues. They have SO many driver/FPS issues.
m
0
l
August 7, 2014 12:20:58 PM

Yeah I just found that out. I guess people were wrong. Hmmm, is the 660 really better than the 750 ti? Maybe I will actually get that if so. I definitely want the opportunity to use the shield and also upgrade. Plus if I am not mistaken, 660 can do nvidia surround 3D by itself with no issues.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 12:27:16 PM

skullcrusher956 said:
Yeah I just found that out. I guess people were wrong. Hmmm, is the 660 really better than the 750 ti? Maybe I will actually get that if so. I definitely want the opportunity to use the shield and also upgrade. Plus if I am not mistaken, 660 can do nvidia surround 3D by itself with no issues.


It is imperative you get the 660TI, not just the 660. Here is a comparison of the 600TI and 750TI. You are looking at a mother than 40% increase in floating point performance between the 750TI and the 660TI. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-vs-GeForce-GTX-660-Ti
Share
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 12:42:00 PM

skullcrusher956 said:
Wow, well what is the link to the ebay post?

By the way, I found this to:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-SuperClocked-02G-P4-2662-R...

It is an ad by new egg. It is a 660 Evga superclocked one for only $10 above my original choice.


It's only the 660, not the 660TI. I will try to find a good 660TI ebay deal for you.
m
0
l
August 7, 2014 12:54:58 PM

No, it's no problem, you don't have to. I am waiting till black friday and/or cyber monday to buy my pc stuff anyway. Then I can get them cheaper. Thanks for your help though.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 12:58:13 PM

skullcrusher956 said:
No, it's no problem, you don't have to. I am waiting till black friday and/or cyber monday to buy my pc stuff. Then I can get them cheaper.


Very well then! Just keep in mind that the 660TI (the entire 6 series) is not made anymore, so you probably won't find many of them in large sales.
m
0
l
August 7, 2014 1:06:58 PM

Hello man said:
skullcrusher956 said:
No, it's no problem, you don't have to. I am waiting till black friday and/or cyber monday to buy my pc stuff. Then I can get them cheaper.


Very well then! Just keep in mind that the 660TI (the entire 6 series) is not made anymore, so you probably won't find many of them in large sales.


And by that time the 800 series might be out and it is possible that the 700 series goes down in price, if you are in to that kind of thing. Or save money for the next three months and go 800 series.
m
0
l
August 7, 2014 7:20:51 PM

Yeah I decided to buy a 760, 770, or even 780. They are the same price(and sometimes cheaper) than 660 ti and are waaaay better. At least the 770 and 780 are. The 660 ti is really expensive, probably because it is not made anymore.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 7:23:33 PM

skullcrusher956 said:
Yeah I decided to buy a 760, 770, or even 780. They are the same price(and sometimes cheaper) than 660 ti and are waaaay better. At least the 770 and 780 are. The 660 ti is really expensive, probably because it is not made anymore.


Yeah, but it's not shabby on performance, pulling 2.3 TFLOPS. The 780 is a great card, I have friends who have them.
m
0
l
!