Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

PC Build for Gaming

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Components
  • Build
  • Gigabyte
Last response: in Components
August 7, 2014 2:42:07 PM

What do you think about this PC Build? Is it good for Gaming?

Specs---

I5 3470 3.2GHZ Quadcore Processor
Gigabyte R9 270x 2GB 3xW
8GB (2x4) Kingston 1333mhz
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P (non -bf3)
Zalman Z3 Midtower Case
XFX 550w Fullwired Powersupply

*I already have the Motherboard --If it is that bad I can sell it and buy a new pc build*

More about : build gaming

a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 2:52:33 PM

The motherboard is compatible, but is a bit low-end. Other than that, the build looks fine.
m
0
l
a c 310 4 Gaming
August 7, 2014 3:11:44 PM

Should be a decent gaming rig. For the ram I would suggest getting ddr3 1600(or faster) with a CAS of 9(or less).
m
0
l
Related resources
August 8, 2014 3:44:49 AM

Joseph DeGarmo said:
The motherboard is compatible, but is a bit low-end. Other than that, the build looks fine.



So should I just buy these parts and upgrade the Mobo later?
m
0
l
August 8, 2014 3:50:02 AM

bignastyid said:
Should be a decent gaming rig. For the ram I would suggest getting ddr3 1600(or faster) with a CAS of 9(or less).


Unfortunately the Motherboard doesn't support the 1666 mhz ddr3 Ram s :/ 
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 304 4 Gaming
August 8, 2014 4:09:18 AM

Think about it.
You want to upgrade MoBo in future.

But, you'll get an old MoBo today, so it won't support 1600Mhz and so you'll buy 1333Mhz though they're only a few bucks apart.
You'll buy a new MoBo but you'll have outdated RAM, which is again a headache.

So to avoid that, better buy a better MoBo now.
Share
a c 310 4 Gaming
August 8, 2014 5:31:26 PM

Yaspop said:
bignastyid said:
Should be a decent gaming rig. For the ram I would suggest getting ddr3 1600(or faster) with a CAS of 9(or less).


Unfortunately the Motherboard doesn't support the 1666 mhz ddr3 Ram s :/ 


It supports upto ddr3 2200, it just requires you to manually change the settings(frequency and timings) in the bios(what they call OC).

m
0
l