Solved

How can I tell if these graphics cards are compatible with my PC's motherboard?

My motherboard is the Inspiron 620 and I was looking for some new graphics cards to play better games on and I found these three that would work with my CPU if you could tell me if any of these would work on my motherboard that would be great. I'm looking to play some modern games on medium to high settings so if you dislike my specs/what I have right now and you would like to recommend I do something else such as build a new PC that would be fine however I am on a budget of under $500 currently.

Some more specs about my computer:
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM)i3-2120 CPU @3.30GHz 3.30GHz
Current Graphics Card - Intel(R) HD Family home (yes I know it is bad)



Graphics Cards I was Looking At:
Radeon HD 7770
Radeon HD 7790
GTX 650 Ti
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics cards compatible motherboard
  1. Best answer
    you need to check the psu power for it and all other part if it worth to spend on a new gpu for gaming since you could be bootleneck from the cpu or memory even the motherboard so without any other specs it is hard to give a advice .
  2. Greek594 said:
    My motherboard is the Inspiron 620 and I was looking for some new graphics cards to play better games on and I found these three that would work with my CPU if you could tell me if any of these would work on my motherboard that would be great, thanks!

    Graphics Cards:
    Radeon HD 7770
    Radeon HD 7790
    GTX 650 Ti


    id go to pcpartpicker and plug in your system build. it should help you judge wattage and also will tell you if any of the parts are incompatable.
  3. scout_03 said:
    you need to check the psu power for it and all other part if it worth to spend on a new gpu for gaming since you could be bootleneck from the cpu or memory even the motherboard so without any other specs it is hard to give a advice .


    I added a few more specs for my PC if that helps
  4. list the motherboard and the psu power .
  5. scout_03 said:
    list the motherboard and the psu power .


    Unsure of what the motherboard is, if you could tell me how to check that would be great and also I think I have a stock 300 watt PSU
  6. the name should be written on her pcb .also these are the power needed for the gpu so you will have to get a older model or see if you could have a bigger psu from dell for this system .
  7. scout_03 said:
    the name should be written on her pcb .also these are the power needed for the gpu so you will have to get a older model or see if you could have a bigger psu from dell for this system .

    im sorry to be so negative, but i wonder if it is even worth it to buy a gpu for this build. I would go with a lower-end gpu to be honest because it seems a waste of money to buy a mid to high end gpu only to be bottlenecked by a mediocre build. we all know pre-built pc companies buy a decent cpu but cheap out on eveerything.
  8. Wave Edits said:
    scout_03 said:
    the name should be written on her pcb .also these are the power needed for the gpu so you will have to get a older model or see if you could have a bigger psu from dell for this system .

    im sorry to be so negative, but i wonder if it is even worth it to buy a gpu for this build. I would go with a lower-end gpu to be honest because it seems a waste of money to buy a mid to high end gpu only to be bottlenecked by a mediocre build. we all know pre-built pc companies buy a decent cpu but cheap out on eveerything.


    Sorry, I already chose a GPU for my PC, it doesn't bottleneck my CPU, plays games I want to play on decent settings and works with my PSU. I chose the GTX 750 Ti by the way in case you were wondering.
  9. then you good to go on if the temp stay on the cold side ,have fun with it .
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Compatibility Motherboards Graphics