Is fx-6300 any good for gaming ATM ?

Slick2sick

Honorable
Jun 19, 2014
Hello guys so i settled out and i decided to go for fx 6300 rather some used i5 :/
Im going to buy a m5a78l-m lx motherboard and a brand new fx 6300 ^^
So i wanna know if i ill see huge difference in gaming from an old Core2Duo e8400@3.0ghz :p ?
I ill still be using my gtx 560 ti 448 cuda cores and on same PSU,case hdd and other stuff :p
Btw psu is HKC 550watt :)
IK that this psu sucks but i have to keep using it for a while cos i ill be out of money :p
what u guys think will i see huge improvement in gaming and how fx 6300 and gtx 560 ti 448 are paired together ?

Solution
Great for gaming in most scenarios, just make sure you have the right cooling and a great graphics card to go with it, or it will bottleneck. Don't expect BF4 on Ultra, you'd have to grab an FX-8000 series for that, but most casual gaming will work on the 6300. If I helped you mark this as best answer so others know where to look too! :)
Very few games can use more than 2 cores. Be prepared to be disappointed if you see no great results.
Each E8400 core is approximately the same power as each of the FX-6300 cores. You will benefit if your game is cpu dependent and is truly multicore enabled.

Most of the time, you will be limited by your graphics card, not the cpu.

A $70 G3258 overclocked upgrade will give you twice the cpu power of the E8400
Otherwise, a i5 of some sort will be better for multithreaded games.

Read this:
http://techreport.com/review/26735/overclocking-intel-pentium-g3258-anniversary-edition-processor

SlayZombi

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Great for gaming in most scenarios, just make sure you have the right cooling and a great graphics card to go with it, or it will bottleneck. Don't expect BF4 on Ultra, you'd have to grab an FX-8000 series for that, but most casual gaming will work on the 6300. If I helped you mark this as best answer so others know where to look too! :)

Solution
"Hello guys so i settled out and i decided to go for fx 6300 rather some used i5 :/ " What?

The i5 is a significantly better CPU for gaming.

Like geofelt said, unless you are playing the latest and greatest mutli-threaded games, the E8400 you have now and the FX-6300 will perform nearly the same.

Get an i3 or i5 for better performance, as well as upgrade-ability and power consumption. The motherboards can be bought for cheaper than AMD motherboards, so an i5 is a more budget friendly choice than you think it is.

Hope that helps :)