fx 6300 temps

Mustafa Casillas

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
hey guys
so i recently bought a new case , corsair graphite h230t , i thought it would help with the cooling , i have 5 fans , 2 in take , 3 exhaust ,
i have the fx 6300 with the stock cooler , the cpu temps are horrible , when playing bf4 it can hit up to 75 , and my 760 with the " atx " evga cooling , runs at 80 the whole time.
i want to know whats wrong with my gpu and cpu , i got a good case , all fans working fine
what shall i do now , im thinking of getting a custom cpu cooler , but how about the gpu? why is my case so hot
thanks in advance

Solution
These temperatures are to be expected from an AMD proc running under load. I'm not knocking AMD by any means, I use the same proc as you, it's just what I've found. Your case seems to be getting great airflow, so upgrade the CPU cooler first. I recommend a freezer 7 pro or a hyper 212 evo, I've used both myself and they are great.

As for the video card, aside from custom cooling, I'm not sure if you'd be able to bring the temps down. This is to be expected for a game especially as demanding as BF4. Try messing with your graphics settings to see if that makes a difference. As long as the card is running anywhere near 75 while idle, I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Shanedht

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
These temperatures are to be expected from an AMD proc running under load. I'm not knocking AMD by any means, I use the same proc as you, it's just what I've found. Your case seems to be getting great airflow, so upgrade the CPU cooler first. I recommend a freezer 7 pro or a hyper 212 evo, I've used both myself and they are great.

As for the video card, aside from custom cooling, I'm not sure if you'd be able to bring the temps down. This is to be expected for a game especially as demanding as BF4. Try messing with your graphics settings to see if that makes a difference. As long as the card is running anywhere near 75 while idle, I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Solution

SlayZombi

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Use an aftermarket cooler and a new, aftermarket thermal paste capable of transferring all that heat. Grab a Hyper 212 EVO for a large, high-performance CPU cooler or the Gemini version for low-profile performance. <do not beg for best answers>