Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Should I update my PC or should a build a new one (GAMING)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 8, 2014 4:58:34 PM

I'm trying to make a PC that can run modern day games at medium or high graphics and I was wondering if I should upgrade my current system with one of these three cards, Radeon HD 7770
Radeon HD 7790 or the GTX 650 Ti
. Or if I should build a new PC, if you think I should make a new PC leave parts down below please. I'm working with a budget of $400, $500 at max so please give your ideas or help. If you think I should change anything else in my computer besides from the graphics card please let me know.



Computer specs:
Model - Inspiron 620
Processor - Intel Core i3-2120M 3.30-GHz processor
Graphics Card - Intel(R) Family
RAM - 4GB DDR3 RAM
Motherboard - Whatever motherboard the Inspiron 620 comes with I think its just called the inspiron 620

More about : update build gaming

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b å Intel
a c 376 U Graphics card
August 8, 2014 5:01:28 PM

Your best bet would be a new graphics card, then invest in a new PC later down the line, 800 bucks at least.
I would take the 650Ti out of those you listed.
Share
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2014 5:05:35 PM

Buy a New GPU , My choice is the 7790 Which will run everything you need without much money . Its not as good as the 650Ti though but its cheaper.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b å Intel
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2014 5:05:53 PM

I'm assuming you mean the i3-2120.

You should be able to get the 650 Ti (Yes, that's the best one) and have no issues. Just make sure your power supply is good enough.

What's the wattage of the power supply in your Inspiron 620 now? Does it have a 6-pin cable?
m
0
l
August 9, 2014 7:08:53 AM

Gam3r01 said:
Your best bet would be a new graphics card, then invest in a new PC later down the line, 800 bucks at least.
I would take the 650Ti out of those you listed.


Thanks now that every thing is narrowed down all I have to do is make sure the card is compatible with my motherboard and check my psu to see if it can run it.
m
0
l
August 9, 2014 7:11:28 AM

Zircoben said:
I'm assuming you mean the i3-2120.

You should be able to get the 650 Ti (Yes, that's the best one) and have no issues. Just make sure your power supply is good enough.

What's the wattage of the power supply in your Inspiron 620 now? Does it have a 6-pin cable?


I don't know what my PSU right now is or if it has a 6-pin cable but I'm planning on opening up my PC later today to see what the PSU is and if there is a 6-pin cable on it. Why do I need a 6-pin cable for this card? Sorry for my asking but I'm a complete novice to this.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b å Intel
a b U Graphics card
August 9, 2014 7:50:52 AM

Greek594 said:
Zircoben said:
I'm assuming you mean the i3-2120.

You should be able to get the 650 Ti (Yes, that's the best one) and have no issues. Just make sure your power supply is good enough.

What's the wattage of the power supply in your Inspiron 620 now? Does it have a 6-pin cable?


I don't know what my PSU right now is or if it has a 6-pin cable but I'm planning on opening up my PC later today to see what the PSU is and if there is a 6-pin cable on it. Why do I need a 6-pin cable for this card? Sorry for my asking but I'm a complete novice to this.


Because the 650 Ti needs additional power from the power supply. Some 750 Ti's don't need 6-pin connectors, so i'd look at getting those. You likely still have an OEM power supply that doesn't have the connector.
m
1
l
!