Which R9 290: Sapphire Tri-x or PowerColor PCS+?

Linnaeus

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
I'm really torn between these two cards. I originally wanted to go with Sapphire but I am debating whether I should land for a PowerColor. I am sort of hesitant to go with PowerColor because I am not familiar with them. I'm not sure how their RMA, warranties, customer support, etc goes. It's a bit cheaper and I heard it runs cooler. I am really willing to go with PowerColor if they aren't known for being disreputable. Also, PowerColor matches my NZXT H440 red/black scheme other than Tri-X's yellow.

TL;DR: Is PowerColor known for being a bad company or are they an ok brand?

Solution
Powercolour is OK, but you're right, they have a bad reputation and a lot of people have had problems with them.
You won't see the yellow in the case anyway man, unless you look at it from the floor :p

I say go with the Tri-X. You won't regret it. It's an amazing card. :)
Btw, I doubt the Powercolour would run cooler than the Tri-X.

Alex Kelly

Honorable
Powercolour is OK, but you're right, they have a bad reputation and a lot of people have had problems with them.
You won't see the yellow in the case anyway man, unless you look at it from the floor :p

I say go with the Tri-X. You won't regret it. It's an amazing card. :)
Btw, I doubt the Powercolour would run cooler than the Tri-X.

Solution

Gaidax

Distinguished
Tri-X and PCS+ are nearly identical, Tri-X has a tiny bit better cooler (and takes only ~2.2 slots), while PCS+ is a full 2.5 slots card with a tiny bit better factrory overclock.

You could say that the major difference is basically size and the fact that PCS+ has a backplate which is nice if you are into these things.