Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$1000-1300 NZD Gaming PC Build

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
August 9, 2014 5:18:53 PM

I want to build a gaming computer, around 1000-1300 New Zealand Dollars. I want to be able to play Battlefield 4, War Thunder, Arma 3, decently. Could anyone suggest me some good builds? Not planning to Overclock. Include W8.1 If you can.
http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/

Thanks.

More about : 1000 1300 nzd gaming build

August 9, 2014 5:38:27 PM

Wow prices are high down there. Here is a build that will run most games on high+ settings.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($211.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($123.34 @ Aquila Technology)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.00 @ PC Force)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($249.95 @ Computer Lounge)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($92.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($122.82 @ Aquila Technology)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($149.00 @ PC Force)
Total: $1111.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-10 12:37 NZST+1200
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 9, 2014 5:46:16 PM

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/v7hkHx

$1137 with Win8

The pcpartpicker NZ site is incomplete.
Use www.pricespy.co.nz to find better prices and a greater range of products .

Changes I would make to that build using pricespy would be to replace the mb with
http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a97r...
I didnt include it here because Im over budget and it costs a little more .

Any other savings you make I'd spend on upgrading the graphics card . An R9 270X might just be possible
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
August 9, 2014 5:47:19 PM

Yeah they are rather high here. I would suggest that you might like to look at getting some parts like RAM from Amazon US, like i did. I got 16GB of 2400MHz RAM for around $160 after exchange rates, and you can get windows for $100.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 9, 2014 5:47:35 PM

Samsamproducts said:
Wow prices are high down there. Here is a build that will run most games on high+ settings.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($211.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($123.34 @ Aquila Technology)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.00 @ PC Force)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($249.95 @ Computer Lounge)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($92.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($122.82 @ Aquila Technology)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($149.00 @ PC Force)
Total: $1111.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-10 12:37 NZST+1200


The dual core will choke in online gaming , and the H81 mb is just too limiting IMO

m
0
l
August 9, 2014 5:51:41 PM

CPU Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $199.99 @ Newegg

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81.Amp-UP ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $75.66 @ Newegg

Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $89.99 @ Amazon

Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $78.94 @ Amazon

Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card $359.99 @ SuperBiiz

Case NZXT H440 ATX Mid Tower Case $119.99 @ NCIX US

Power Supply SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $71.30 @ Newegg

Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) $89.99 @ NCIX US

Total 1070$

OMG i3 For Gaming LOL
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 9, 2014 5:52:59 PM

Adam, did you see that he lives in NZ? $1000 NZD!!! Newegg doesn't ship here. I've tried a couple of times.

i3 are usually good for most gaming tasks, and will perform well. They do struggle a bit with BF4 online though.
m
0
l
August 9, 2014 6:44:44 PM

I can increase my budget up to $1300.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
August 9, 2014 7:13:22 PM

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/Z8ZwmG

Its based on samsamproducts i3 built but with an i5 processor and a better mb and a stronger graphics card . The case is a little cheaper and IMO better too

$1270

An alternate mb thats a little more expensive , but is an ATX board with more expansion slot [ you will probably never need ]
http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-fata...
and to keep the colours the same then this RAM
http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f312800cl...

Then the build is
http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/kkfvD3
$1297

If you are in Auckland you could head to Computer Lounge and/or Playtech [on the north shore] and ask them to price match a similar build , or maybe get a bundle at a discount
Share
a b 4 Gaming
August 9, 2014 7:39:21 PM

If you are in Christchurch, have a look at DragonPC. They may seem like a dodgy shop, but i've bought stuff from them a few times. They may also be willing to do pricematch with Computer Lounge etc.
m
0
l
August 9, 2014 7:44:06 PM

bradsctt said:
If you are in Christchurch, have a look at DragonPC. They may seem like a dodgy shop, but i've bought stuff from them a few times. They may also be willing to do pricematch with Computer Lounge etc.


I'll check them out as I am in Christchurch.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 9, 2014 7:59:06 PM

RexehAgentrds said:
bradsctt said:
If you are in Christchurch, have a look at DragonPC. They may seem like a dodgy shop, but i've bought stuff from them a few times. They may also be willing to do pricematch with Computer Lounge etc.


I'll check them out as I am in Christchurch.


I was there last monday , but it was early and they werent open when I left to drive home .
It looked like a reasonably well stocked retail outlet through the window !

Mostly places like that hold very little stock . They never even handle the things you buy off them online . They come direct from the importer
m
0
l
!