$800 Mini ITX(Intel) Gaming Build - Need Feedback!

MalikJF

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
I've been researching mITX builds for the past week, looking for a rig that would be satisfactory for gaming and multimedia, while staying true to small form factor and keeping the budget line south of $1,000. I believe I've accomplished this, but before I order, I'd like feedback from those wiser than myself, so included below is the link to my Newegg public wish list.

I consider it an $800 build because, in truth, the added accessories(keyboard + mouse, headphones) will probably be omitted in the overall purchase for something I'll end up picking up at my local Micro Center.

PLEASE, any constructive feedback is more than welcome and I thank you in advance!

Wish List Link: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=33384388

Solution

Call ahead and check, if they do carry it, it would bundle down to $80 for the mobo with the $200 cpu, that would save you $60 right there, and if they dont have it in stock, see if you can swindle them into ordering it for in store pick up and then just go pick the two parts up on...

PEJUman

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
you can get a 256GB MX100 from tigerdirect for 95 currently, check slickdeals.net.
aside from that, asus have 750 ti for 120@newegg.
I own the Z87-ITX/ac, very similiar design. have msata instead of m.2 port underneath. Great mobo, highly recommended.

I personally looked at the hadron hydro EVGA, and while it looks nice; functionally the bitfenix (prodigy, or derivative thereof) are more functional, albeit slightly larger. Bifenix have more drive bays, easier to work with overall: removable drive bays, removable optical drive to support top mounted AIO water cooler. and you can get bitfenix + CX750M for similiar price of this EVGA.

trevorspencer94

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
cant you go to microcenter as well to bundle the mobo and you should just go ahead and get the 4690k if you bundle, its $199.99

also, wouldnt you rather have the seagate 1tb sshd? its $75 at ncixus, practically same performance as ssd as far as start up/shut down/app and program opening, yet it has full storage like a hdd

MalikJF

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
@PEJUman I actually couldn't decide between the Bitfenix and Hadron chassis, but I decided to go with the hadron solely for the power supply and obviously the aesthetic appeal, but I will definitely look into Bitfenix pairings moving forward.

@trevorspencer94 Both are great suggestions. I wasn't entirely sure that Micro Center would carry the ASRock mobo that I was looking for(which I picked primarily for the Bluetooth/wireless ac capabilities).

trevorspencer94

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

Call ahead and check, if they do carry it, it would bundle down to $80 for the mobo with the $200 cpu, that would save you $60 right there, and if they dont have it in stock, see if you can swindle them into ordering it for in store pick up and then just go pick the two parts up on bundle! Better cpu, plus saving $60!

also, if youre looking to get a different case and save some more money, with a little extra work in the customization area, the MYOPENCRYSTAL mini pc case (found on amazon for $68) would make an awesome build imo! That would bump your savings up to $160, allowing for a much better gpu! basically this is what i would do for you, it would be a better pc and it would be the same cost:

CPU: i5 4690k $200 microcenter
MOBO: the one you have picked out $80 microcenter
GPU: evga or gigabyte gtx 770 $300 on newegg
CASE: the one i said above (with a little elbow grease) $68 amazon
STORAGE: seagate 1tb sshd $75 ncixus
MEMORY: you could use what you have or go to the 1600mhz version for $72 on newegg (wont make a diff really)
PSU: corsair cx750m 80+ bronze $65 on ncixus
TOTAL: $860

additional cooling or whatever you need if youre overclocking i will let you dream up your system there, this is just my 2 cents!

if you didnt want the sshd since you already have hard drives, that puts this build back below $800 @ $785

Solution