1500$ CAD gaming rig advice

Zapplord

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Hi, I made two threads in the past few days looking for ways to improve my build and I've come

up with what i believe would be optimal for my budget in term of performances. I will use this

computer mainly for gaming :Wow, Dayz, BF4, Arma 3, CS:GO, Skyrim

This is the build I and the people who helped me in other threads came up with :

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/yxF88d

I would really much prefer parts to come from the same website so if any of you have any

ideas on how to improve this build i would really appreciate your input. Please keep in mind that

I'm from Canada and that the pieces should come from a Canadian website to minimize

shipping expenses and warranty issues.

Thanks a bunch, you guys rock

P.S: I'll be using a Samsung p2350 as my main monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001377

Solution
I would heavily recommend Windows 7. Looks like you're getting a pretty heavy PSU, I don't believe you'll get anywhere near 750 watts, but I'd recommend around 600-650 watts. I would get a 2TB storage drive. The seagate 7200 RPM is great, I run the 2TB on my gaming rig. Definitely recheck the case to make sure you have enough hard drive slots, 5.25" slots, and that there's enough space for your video card. Looking at your CPU, and since you're getting aftermarket cooling, looks like you'll be overclocking. Get water cooling, specifically the H100i if it will fit in your case.

atomicwhip117

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
I would heavily recommend Windows 7. Looks like you're getting a pretty heavy PSU, I don't believe you'll get anywhere near 750 watts, but I'd recommend around 600-650 watts. I would get a 2TB storage drive. The seagate 7200 RPM is great, I run the 2TB on my gaming rig. Definitely recheck the case to make sure you have enough hard drive slots, 5.25" slots, and that there's enough space for your video card. Looking at your CPU, and since you're getting aftermarket cooling, looks like you'll be overclocking. Get water cooling, specifically the H100i if it will fit in your case.

Solution