100% Disk Usage on a high end pc

McJokerr

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Hello i bulded my pc like 2 weeks ago everything works fine till now before this bulls**t happened i was installing software like spotify chrome no problem but now everytime i try installing something or download a game from steam the Disk Usage goes to 100% costant its not surprising that when i'm downloading and installing it should be high but the thing that bothers me is that it causes my pc to slow down and i do mean really slow down like i can't even open my computer folder chrome for example i wait 5 min for chrome to load a 30 sec video and it's not the internet conenction if i turn off the installation the video loads up fast i can't even get to open the control panel it just stops working here are my specs.
Fx-8350 4.3GHz
8GB Ram 1600MHz
R9 280X 3GB Sapphire Vapor-X
Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM

Solution

McJokerr

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
System process and the installation the installation takes around 53% AVG of the disk usage the system however takes up the remainin that is 47% if the installation uses 80% the System uses 20% which is the dumbest shit ever!

McJokerr

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Now that my installation finished it was a costant 100% disk usage not that it's done it goes up and down between 65% and 0% anyone please help me with this peace of crap

McJokerr

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

What do you think i used to see what % was used? -_- it was the software that i was installing and System

It looks like there's a fault in your HDD, bad sectors maybe.

Here's what you should try:
-Use CCleaner to clean all the junk and clean boot.
-Use HDTune or Seagate SeaTools for checking HDD for errors.
-Unlikely, but check RAM with MemTest for safekeeping.

Also, if the above don't work, check your PC for viruses with MalwareBytes, Hitman Pro, Avast and AVG. Use ATLEAST 3 different softwares to scan.

Rustam Ali Ahmed

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014

Solved and Solutions
Plz refer to my solution http://superuser.com/questions/759152/windows-8-1-updat...
It is because of regular routine of scheduled defragmentation. Turn off the schedule for defragmentation and the problem will be solved. Right click on drive->properties->tools->optimize->turn off the defragmentation schedule.

Solution