Solved

Please Help!! Ridiculous LAG on BF4 with a DECENT RIG! (ping isnt the problem)

I have a 4th Gen i5, a GTX 770 and 8 GB of RAM but BF4 still lags and medium and even on low! It shouldnt be that bad, should it? Please help!! (no, its not my internet
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ridiculous lag bf4 decent rig ping isnt problem
  1. Did you install the latest Nvidia gpu drivers GeForce 340.52?
    Did you update windows?
  2. When you say your ping/internet isn't the problem... Does that mean you only get the lag in online play? Or that you get it playing single player as well?
  3. Suztera said:
    Did you install the latest Nvidia gpu drivers GeForce 340.52?
    Did you update windows?


    It says that 337.88 is the newest driver... No option to update windows
  4. Glyphix said:
    I have a 4th Gen i5, a GTX 770 and 8 GB of RAM but BF4 still lags and medium and even on low! It shouldnt be that bad, should it? Please help!! (no, its not my internet


    What FPS are you getting?
  5. The problems your describing sound like a typical CPU bottleneck, but with a Haswell i5 that's simply not it. You overclocked it?

    LostAlone said:
    When you say your ping/internet isn't the problem... Does that mean you only get the lag in online play? Or that you get it playing single player as well?


    +1
    If its only online play then its definitely your internet, even if response times (ping) is fine. You could be experiencing packet loss.
  6. LostAlone said:
    When you say your ping/internet isn't the problem... Does that mean you only get the lag in online play? Or that you get it playing single player as well?


    I havent tried the single player, but all my other online games (TF2 Gmod etc) run fine on crowded servers
  7. LucoTF said:
    Glyphix said:
    I have a 4th Gen i5, a GTX 770 and 8 GB of RAM but BF4 still lags and medium and even on low! It shouldnt be that bad, should it? Please help!! (no, its not my internet


    What FPS are you getting?


    I didnt have a counter, but it seemed around 15 on low and 10 on the rest. Not entirely sure.
  8. manofchalk said:
    The problems your describing sound like a typical CPU bottleneck, but with a Haswell i5 that's simply not it. You overclocked it?

    LostAlone said:
    When you say your ping/internet isn't the problem... Does that mean you only get the lag in online play? Or that you get it playing single player as well?


    +1
    If its only online play then its definitely your internet, even if response times (ping) is fine. You could be experiencing packet loss.


    Is there a way to fix packet loss?
  9. Glyphix said:
    Is there a way to fix packet loss?


    Find the problem before the solution. Figure out whether its a networking or hardware problem first.
  10. manofchalk said:
    Glyphix said:
    Is there a way to fix packet loss?


    Find the problem before the solution. Figure out whether its a networking or hardware problem first.


    Is there are particular way to find out what the problem is?
  11. Best answer
    Just for the sake of eliminating all possible scenarios, double check that your monitor is plugged straight into the GPU and not into the motherboard. If it was plugged into the motherboard your PC would be trying to run the game from your integrated graphics, which would explain the low fps.

    Also, type the command 'perfoverlay.drawfps 1' (without coma's) after pressing the ~ key when the game is loading up, or if you are already in game. This will show your fps, and you could determine whether your problem is hardware or network related.

    Good luck.
  12. desecravity said:
    Just for the sake of eliminating all possible scenarios, double check that your monitor is plugged straight into the GPU and not into the motherboard. If it was plugged into the motherboard your PC would be trying to run the game from your integrated graphics, which would explain the low fps.

    Also, type the command 'perfoverlay.drawfps 1' (without coma's) after pressing the ~ key when the game is loading up, or if you are already in game. This will show your fps, and you could determine whether your problem is hardware or network related.

    Good luck.


    Omg thank you so much! i feel like an idiot as i plugged it in wrong, but now i get great frames on ultra! I am eternally grateful
  13. That's excellent news, enjoy BF4 op :D
  14. Glyphix said:
    desecravity said:
    Just for the sake of eliminating all possible scenarios, double check that your monitor is plugged straight into the GPU and not into the motherboard. If it was plugged into the motherboard your PC would be trying to run the game from your integrated graphics, which would explain the low fps.

    Also, type the command 'perfoverlay.drawfps 1' (without coma's) after pressing the ~ key when the game is loading up, or if you are already in game. This will show your fps, and you could determine whether your problem is hardware or network related.

    Good luck.


    Omg thank you so much! i feel like an idiot as i plugged it in wrong, but now i get great frames on ultra! I am eternally grateful


    Glad I could be of assistance.

    Cheers,
    des.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield Lag Intel i5 Graphics