Solved

Looking for help as to what components to get for gaming PC..

Hello. I was wondering if you guys could help me out in choosing some components for a gaming PC build. I want to use this computer to play the latest games on high quality settings, and also play latest MMOs on max settings with no lag too. I would like the processor to be an intel i7 processor. everything else i just need to work with that processor and meet the requirements for gaming. I would be looking to spend around 700 to 800 at the most. Thanks guys for the help and please get back to me.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about components gaming
  1. calvin101 said:
    Hello. I was wondering if you guys could help me out in choosing some components for a gaming PC build. I want to use this computer to play the latest games on high quality settings, and also play latest MMOs on max settings with no lag too. I would like the processor to be an intel i7 processor. everything else i just need to work with that processor and meet the requirements for gaming. I would be looking to spend around 700 to 800 at the most. Thanks guys for the help and please get back to me.
    Is this in US dollars?
  2. calvin101 said:
    Hello. I was wondering if you guys could help me out in choosing some components for a gaming PC build. I want to use this computer to play the latest games on high quality settings, and also play latest MMOs on max settings with no lag too. I would like the processor to be an intel i7 processor. everything else i just need to work with that processor and meet the requirements for gaming. I would be looking to spend around 700 to 800 at the most. Thanks guys for the help and please get back to me.
    Also will you be overclocking?
  3. yes it is in US dollars and yes i will be overclocking,
  4. calvin101 said:
    yes it is in US dollars and yes i will be overclocking,

    If you want to play games like BF4 at High settings 60 FPS, it will be difficult to fit it into the budget with a I7. The I7 4690k is over $300, and will not help at all over a I5 for gaming. So are you using this PC for productivity also?
    I want to get more info for part specifications.

    Color of the system?
    Does the case need a window?
    Do you want room for a second GPU?
  5. any color is fine, window would be nice, and the more room the better
  6. calvin101 said:
    any color is fine, window would be nice, and the more room the better
    So are you using this PC for productivity? Also what will the most demanding game you will be play be? Metro, Crysis, BF4?
  7. i will be playing BF4 and metro and would like to have high FPS and quality
  8. calvin101 said:
    i will be playing BF4 and metro and would like to have high FPS and quality
    Are you using the PC for productivity though? The I7 is only helpful in productivity, not gaming, but it is hogging most of the budget.
  9. I guess the I could settle for an I5
  10. Best answer
    calvin101 said:
    I guess the I could settle for an I5
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wxvRwP
  11. thanks man!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Processors Components PC gaming