FX-8350 buyers remorse

Greysonj

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
I recently bought an AMD FX-8350 for my first gaming PC. I've been doing some more CPU research, and everywhere I go, I see "Intel, Intel, Intel". After seeing how many people prefer intel, I regret my purchase...Should I? Is AMD really as bad as everyone makes out to be, or are they just fanboys?

Solution

It really depends on the game but for the most part I agree. The only reason I got an i5 was for skyrim. (really the only game I play anymore.)

If you are doing things besides gaming (video rendering, other highly threaded applications) or even gaming while streaming the fx 8350 handily beats the i5, even matches the i7 in some scenarios.

The i5 is only slightly better when it comes to gaming at stock speeds.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
In real world use, the FX-8350 will exceed the needs of most users, even gamers. While true that Intel rules the roost in terms of overall performance, the FX series is more than enough for most.

You always have the option to upgrade. Give your FX-8350 a chance before being too remorseful.

Good luck!

Its not the newest CPU, but since Intel is more active than amd in the market these days, you will hear more about intel. You shouldn't regret getting it in terms of performance, but the only thing that makes me regret getting one (purchased an 8350 in January or December), is that you don't have that many new things coming out in terms of motherboards and you don't have that "i7" option. It performs just fin

AMD isn't that bad, but since they don't have money flowing all over the place like Intel, they don't have the resources to compete in terms of developing new technologies that can beat what Intel has to offer.

It really depends on the game but for the most part I agree. The only reason I got an i5 was for skyrim. (really the only game I play anymore.)

If you are doing things besides gaming (video rendering, other highly threaded applications) or even gaming while streaming the fx 8350 handily beats the i5, even matches the i7 in some scenarios.

Solution