Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this run next gen games in 2014/15

Tags:
  • Hardware
  • Gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
August 12, 2014 8:26:14 PM

In about a week or so, I will be purchasing a new gaming rig, I am building it. I am just wondering. Are these specs going to run games like, Witcher 3, Dragon Age inquistion, Far cry 4..etc at maximum settings and at 60 fps or more. If not please tell me what could be changed for better performance. This Pc is costing me around $2500 to build

Intel i7 4790k
Corsair cooling hydro series H100i Liquid CPU cooling
Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97
G.skill 16GB sniper DDR3 1866
Western Digital black 1TB
Samsung SSD 250GB Evo
eVGA GTX 780Ti 3G SC with ACX
Blu Ray Writer
Corsair Graphite 760T black & white full tower case
Antec HCG 900W high Current gamer 80plus bronze

More about : run gen games 2014

a b 4 Gaming
August 12, 2014 8:29:12 PM

It's impossible to know for sure but I'd say that there's a very high chance you'll be able to run those games at maximum settings, though I'm not too sure about 60fps.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 12, 2014 8:30:05 PM

Everything looks fantastic. But you should consider waiting for the release of the GTX 880, though.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 12, 2014 8:50:03 PM

Joseph DeGarmo said:
Everything looks fantastic. But you should consider waiting for the release of the GTX 880, though.


Know the price of the GTX 880? because the eVGA GTX 780Ti 3G SC with ACX is around $850 I am guessing the 880s will be more?
m
0
l
August 12, 2014 8:50:51 PM

Icaraeus said:
It's impossible to know for sure but I'd say that there's a very high chance you'll be able to run those games at maximum settings, though I'm not too sure about 60fps.


Well, as long I can play the game at maximum settings and not worry about lag etc
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 12, 2014 9:55:53 PM

Daniel Corrado said:
Joseph DeGarmo said:
Everything looks fantastic. But you should consider waiting for the release of the GTX 880, though.


Know the price of the GTX 880? because the eVGA GTX 780Ti 3G SC with ACX is around $850 I am guessing the 880s will be more?


About $500 from what I read.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 12, 2014 11:01:38 PM

$500 in US prices. PC hardware can be much more expensive in other areas like Australia.
m
0
l

Best solution

August 12, 2014 11:12:52 PM

BIG YES. That will run next-gen gaming with high-ultra setting in FHD, but i doubt the fps always above 60. So depends on you to "maxed out" setting the performance :) 
And if i could say, lower the wattage of psu and get higher efficiency like gold (min.). And 900W it's overkill the rig, 750~850W with gold/platinum it's enough
Share
August 12, 2014 11:17:33 PM

Honestly that should run games for another 3-4 years around high/max
Especially with the OC potential of those components
m
0
l
!