Solved

cpu and gpu watercooling on h100i

So i have a i5 3570k watercooled with a h100i watercooler. I was wondering if i could add a waterblock to my r9 290x attached to the h100i.
So instead of letting the tube back from the processor to the radiators, changing the circuits from cpu to gpu to radiators. Is that possible?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu gpu watercooling h100i
  1. Best answer
    No, the h100i is closed loop, so you can't do it, but you can get the nzxt kraken g10 which is a mount for your gpu and instead of using the 100i socket to cool the cpu, you use it to cool the gpu instead
  2. It is possible, provided you have the skill to mod it.
    Is it advisable, no.

    Bunch of issues with this.
    - The pump in the H100i is weak as, can barely handle what it has.
    - The coolant is Ethelyne Glycol for a reason. That radiator is made of Aluminium and will corrode any Copper/Nickel water-block in the same loop if you use distilled water, and likely would anyway even if you ran straight anti-freeze as coolant.
    - A slim 240mm (again, made of aluminium, not the best material) cant handle the heat of a CPU and GPU.
  3. So you CAN use the h100i but you just need a nzxt kraken ? Or do you mean that you can use the slot were the h100i is placed foor another watercoolpump??
  4. Basically with the g10, you remove the fans on your gpu so all that there is left is the actual card itself, by then, the chipset should be visible, and basivally what the g10 does is, it lets you put the h100i or any other comparible liquid cooler to cool the actual chipset iyself, but you cant cool the cpu at the same time
  5. What I'm talking about is modding the H100i to include more hardware. Cutting the pipes, new blocks, rads, etc. Its is not recommended nor a thing that Corsair supports.

    The Kraken G10 is just a bracket that lets you mount Asetek design units (which most CLC's are) to the GPU. Its not really modding from the CLC's perspective.
  6. manofchalk said:
    What I'm talking about is modding the H100i to include more hardware. Cutting the pipes, new blocks, rads, etc. Its is not recommended nor a thing that Corsair supports.

    The Kraken G10 is just a bracket that lets you mount Asetek design units (which most CLC's are) to the GPU. Its not really modding from the CLC's perspective.


    I don't think the OP had any modding on his mind imo, I think he/she just thought that was do-able, nevertheless, To the OP, If you are comfortable doing the above, go ahead :) But it is highly not recommended
  7. legend001523 said:
    Basically with the g10, you remove the fans on your gpu so all that there is left is the actual card itself, by then, the chipset should be visible, and basivally what the g10 does is, it lets you put the h100i or any other comparible liquid cooler to cool the actual chipset iyself, but you cant cool the cpu at the same time


    You cant use the H100i or any of the i models with the Kraken G10. You can only use Asetek based coolers (basically the non i corsair coolers, and many other makes).
  8. RobCrezz said:
    legend001523 said:
    Basically with the g10, you remove the fans on your gpu so all that there is left is the actual card itself, by then, the chipset should be visible, and basivally what the g10 does is, it lets you put the h100i or any other comparible liquid cooler to cool the actual chipset iyself, but you cant cool the cpu at the same time


    You cant use the H100i or any of the i models with the Kraken G10. You can only use Asetek based coolers (basically the non i corsair coolers, and many other makes).


    NZXT : Kraken X61, Kraken X41, Kraken X31, Kraken X60, Kraken X40
    Corsair : H105, H110, H90, H75, H55 , H50
    Antec : KUHLER H2O 920V4, KUHLER H2O 620V4, KUHLER H2O 920, KUHLER H2O 620
    Thermaltake : Water 3.0 Extreme, Water 3.0 Pro, Water 3.0 Performer, Water 2.0 Extreme, Water 2.0 Pro, Water 2.0 Performer
    Zalman : LQ-320, LQ-315, LQ-310
    Ahh yes sorry, mistake on my part.
  9. Yeah no worries. Its a pretty good kit, i use one with a H55 on my GTX 680.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Graphics CPUs GPUs