$400- $500 Laptop for Light Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What is your budget? $400- $500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 720p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? In the middle but more towards desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need? 3-5 hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes. Minecraft, Skyrim, Oblivion, Terraria, KSP, LoL, Dota 2, Unturned, TF2, DayZ and The Sims 4. Medium settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I want to be able to record my Xbox with my Elgato Game Capture HD (It needs a 2ghz CPU, 4 gigs of RAM and a 7200rpm HDD), record with AirStream (very basic), render videos fast-ish (HD 720p and 1080p), watch videos on YouTube.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 750gb- 1tb HDD @ 7200rpm.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD reader/ writer.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No Dell because they suck

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I want a new laptop because the one I have now can't really record my Xbox and rendering times are so slow that it takes an hour for a 5 min video. I don't want a desktop because I like to be able to lounge around and I want to be able to bring my laptop with me on vacation or to a friends house.

robax91

Distinguished

I'm really liking the look of this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834259163 . And I now understand that at this price range I won't be able to get the performance I was hoping but I doesn't really matter because I'm used to playing through the lag. Do you think this one is worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.