Solved

$850-900 Gaming build needed ! :)

I want to build a PC come mid September, and I'm still not confident full with the parts I have chosen. I want something that will run great for games, and also last me, in quality and in performance!

To start off heres my preferences:

Seller: Amazon

Things I do NOT need: Optical Drive, Case, Operating System, SSD (I need a HDD still)

Processor brand: Intel

GPU: 770 or greater (I currently threw a 770 in but i'm just still not positive if this is the best I can get! :/)

PSU: EVGA preferably, I find them reliable but I'll leave this one up to you guys.

Thanks again for all your help. And the reason I do not need a case is because I plan to buy a Zalman Z11+ HF1 edition this week. I already have an OS and a optical drive.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 850 900 gaming build needed
  1. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wBtKsY
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wBtKsY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($223.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($81.05 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.50 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DirectCU II Video Card ($379.00 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($53.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $870.50
  2. The i5 4690k is actually cheaper then the 4690 on amazon. Would it be better to get this instead?
  3. yes and no, you could get it and just put it on the h97 board i have, but the point of K series is to overclock, and to do that you would need a board around $40 more so you get good gaming quality plus a cooler that's a minimum $30, preferably around $50 to get into the start of decent air coolers. So it's be another $70 minimum to get the features of a K chip, plus the time to properly OC.
    Up to you really, stock for stock the K is clocked a bit higher so if you don't OC it's still faster, or you could go down to the 4670.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems