FX-4350 go FX-8350 change or not??

onerchamp

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
Worth exchanging a fx-4350 for a fx-8350?

When I'm playing performance is satisfactory, but playing and recording the fx-4350 is at 100% all the time.

Worth your instructions and more cores? I know I will not win games in Frames Per Seconds because the FX-4350 is amazing and comparable to the i5 on occasion.

Plan to learn in blender, but not sure.

Not an option fx-6300 / fx-6350 / fx-8320.

continue to the fx-4350 or go to fx-8350?

my fx-4350 has no destination and be stopped.

Solution
I do not know where you can shop, but the PSU listing I used has a long list of good models. You'll only need 500W for your system; a little too big is better than a little too small (550W-600W would be fine too).
If it is available to you, I think for your specific needs (playing + recording), the FX-8320 is a better choice. The FX-6300 will help, certainly, but if it still isn't enough, you'll be very irritated for spending the money on it.

onerchamp

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
In simple applications or games are equal.

Change I do not win anything in games. worth changing just to play and record at the same time ??? and not extressar the CPU 100% as the fx-4350 ???

And maybe in the future use the blender!

The problem is that my FX-4350 will be no destination

My motherboard is GA-970A-D3P

If you do not care about money, go ahead.
For games, you will not see any difference, but for your other use, perhaps there will be a benefit.

Consider testing your current usage to see how sensitive it is to many cores or lack thereof.
As a test, disable one of your cores and compare performance. If your performance is not significantly different, you can assume that more cores will not help.

Playing and recording at the same time will indeed use more CPU cores. Make sure you have at least 8GB of RAM too; I don't believe you need more than that, but 4GB may be too little in some cases.
I see your motherboard has heatsinks on its VRMs; that's good, just make sure they get some airflow over them.

Your next concern is your PSU. Running a R9 270X is running it at a high percentage of its capacity. That wouldn't be a problem, except that the Corsair "CX" was built with inferior Samxon capacitors that do not tolerate heat very well. You'll be increasing the load on it with your new CPU, so I'd look for a better unit, before that one degrades sufficiently to start causing problems. I'd look for a Seasonic-built unit around 500W, such as their own, XFX, or some Antec; or Superflower-build like a Rosewill Capstone.

onerchamp

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
Over the FX-4350 is not 125W as well? as the FX-8350 ??

And my source does not heat up, always cold and silent 0_0

And a HDD would not help as the colleague spoke ??

this is my version of the source CP-9020046-WW

For better performance, I have two suggestions:
1. Can you overclock your FX-4350 some? Since more cores are not that helpful, higher performing individual cores will help.

2. Lots of activity to a single hard drive from competing tasks makes the hard drive slow.
I suggest you buy a SSD for your os and some games . It will make everything quicker. Use your hard drive as your recording destination. Look at Samsung evo. 120gb at least, 240gb if you can.

onerchamp

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
SSD 240gbs much money. 120GB already thought about the possibility to run faster loading windows and some games, more would be better an external HDD for recording? it solves?

SSD would be small and would not fit all the games I need, and would have to record that is separate from the HDD.

Back in 15 minutes

onerchamp

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
So far as I understand is: are you saying that a FX-8350 will not benefit me as much as an SSD for system and HDD for recording, even if the FX-4350 will continue to use 100% when I play and recording simultaneously ??

A SSD will improve overall system responsiveness, but I believe that playing AND recording needs more cores. Your CPU at 100% indicates a bottleneck, which would be relieved by the CPU upgrade.
All systems by definition have a bottleneck, so there will be another, different one, after the CPU is upgraded. If it is a problem, it can be addressed then. Right now, the CPU is the issue. Also note what I said about your PSU; I would not rely on a 430W "CX" PSU to run your system reliably for long. It isn't cheap junk that will blow up and kill your system, but will likely cause instability as its capacitors degrade.

onerchamp

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
then buy the fx-8350, font and extra HDD for recording or SDD system ??

the only problem of SDD is little room for various games. In this case an extra HDD gets better ??

Sources Corsair CX are bads to highest setting ?? CX500W and also has CX600W capacitors bads?

jshoop

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
onus is correct, multiple cores are needed for playing and recording. you'll want a few cores dedicated to the game, and a few others dedicated to recording. a 6300 or 8320 will help alleviate the bottleneck.

also, to second what onus is saying, your psu should be replaced as well. your gonna be adding a processor thata will take more power, and your psu isnt the best. running it at 50% load would be fine, but youll be running it close to 80% load (if my guestimations are correct) which will cause its capacitors to age alot faster, causing the instability.

your best option is to try to upgrade all three. i suggest trying something like this. this is if your in the us and have a budget of around 300 us dollars.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($115.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($55.25 @ Newegg)
Total: $276.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-14 12:31 EDT-0400

i know you said the 6300 isnt an option, but getting the 6300 will allow an ssd and a psu into the "budget"

EDIT: use this list to determine which psu to get, you'll want to buy from tiers 1, 2a, and 2b

http://community.newegg.com/eggxpert/computer_hardware/f/135081/t/45344.aspx

All of the CX PSUs are built with the inferior Samxon capacitors. Is XFX available where you are, or EVGA? A link to where you can shop may help us find a good model for you. Also tell us your budget.
I don't understand your reference to "font;" I'm guessing a translation error? Getting a SSD for your OS and a games you are currently playing would make your system quicker, yes. It would not improve FPS during play, but would relieve any lag spikes you might be getting if your system has to wait for its single drive during recording. Unless you prefer to make all your changes at once (and have the budget for it), you can wait for the SSD or second HDD until you see the effect of the CPU upgrade on your system.

TRENDING THREADS