Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Need help selecting cpu and mobo

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
August 15, 2014 9:26:56 AM

I'm going to be using a two way sli with geforce gigabyte 770 gpu I need a good motherboard preferable blue but will go with anything I want it to have 4 ram slots also even tho I will only be using two of them for now for under 300$ and was thinking an i7 4770k or i5 4670k pc will be used for gaming and internet browsing and watching movies online everywhere I read it goes either way on those two cpu so some info on why to choose one over the other would be nice

More about : selecting cpu mobo

a c 125 à CPUs
August 15, 2014 9:28:49 AM

Why not get a i5 4690k with a gigabyte g1 sniper z97?
But if you are tight on budget then the i5 4670k and the gigabyte g1 sniper will do aswell
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2014 9:32:24 AM

Go wth a i5-4670K and the MSI Z97-G55 SLI LGA 1150 Intel Motherboard. The motherboard is blue and the CPU is good for what you are planning on doing with it.

i5-4670K on Newegg - $234.99
MSI Z97 - G55 SLI LGA 1150 - $108.99

That is over $300 but you couldnt go wrong with future upgrade with the motherboard stated above. If you want a cheaper mobo then go with this ITX board - ASRock H97M-ITX/ac. It currently is $90 on Newegg.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2014 9:40:53 AM

Since you are on a low budget, go with the i5 - 4670k and ASRock H97M Pro4.

i5 - 4670K on Newegg - $234.99

ASRock H97M Pro4 on Newegg - $78.99

It goes over the budget a little bit but not much. Everything you need is in what I have selected. :) 
m
0
l
August 15, 2014 9:49:08 AM

Sorry the 300$ limit was for the motherboard alone cpu limit is also around 300$ sorry about the confusion
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 125 à CPUs
August 15, 2014 9:50:34 AM

Ahh, much better to work with, for gaming only, a i5 4690k will do just as well as a i7, so just get a i5 4690k,for motherboard, get yhe asus maximus vii hero, best z97 board iut there imo
Share
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2014 9:57:43 AM

Michael9 said:
Sorry the 300$ limit was for the motherboard alone cpu limit is also around 300$ sorry about the confusion


Oh that is a lot better. Go with a i5 - 4690K and a ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Intel Motherboard.

i5 - 4690K on Newegg - $239.99

ASRock Z97 Extreme4 on Newegg - $143.99

The motherboard is blue and cool. Also, your cpu is a new Haswell Refresh cpu so it will work good with the z97 chipest for overclocking and other things.
m
0
l
August 15, 2014 10:41:14 AM

Jay if you could choose a red mobo what would u reccomend? I really like the one legend picked out even tho it is red would u consider it better then the gigabyte one u choose?
m
0
l
a c 125 à CPUs
August 15, 2014 10:45:52 AM

Tbh, the best looking motherboard has got to be the asus sabertooth mk1, check it out
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2014 10:47:37 AM

Michael9 said:
Jay if you could choose a red mobo what would u reccomend? I really like the one legend picked out even tho it is red would u consider it better then the gigabyte one u choose?


I would prefer ROG boards for a intense RED scheme but there are others out there.

Here is one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
August 15, 2014 10:48:38 AM

I seen that one it does look slick but I would really like a colored on that I can match to g skill ram sticks red or blue would be nice that way I can get some red or blue led fans. Because I'm getting the phantom 410 black nzxt case I don't want everything to be black :( 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2014 10:49:16 AM

legend001523 said:
Tbh, the best looking motherboard has got to be the asus sabertooth mk1, check it out


Speaking of that, I am going to be using that for my next build :D 
m
0
l
a c 125 à CPUs
August 15, 2014 10:49:55 AM

I'm using either the mk2 or ranger for mine :p 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2014 10:50:55 AM

Michael9 said:
I seen that one it does look slick but I would really like a colored on that I can match to g skill ram sticks red or blue would be nice that way I can get some red or blue led fans. Because I'm getting the phantom 410 black nzxt case I don't want everything to be black :( 


Choose this motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It has more red on the motherboard.
m
0
l
August 15, 2014 10:52:11 AM

Does the sabertooth mk1 outperform the other two boards u guys posted? More future proof and stuff?
m
0
l
a c 125 à CPUs
August 15, 2014 10:54:22 AM

They are made with more durable materials, but future proof wise, any z97 board will support up and coming chipsets so all of them are the same in terms of what cpu they will support, I just like it cause it looks sexy, part of Asus' TUF series and made with military spec components, not to mention a different BIOS than the normal asus boards
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2014 10:56:15 AM

Michael9 said:
Does the sabertooth mk1 outperform the other two boards u guys posted? More future proof and stuff?


The sabertooth is more durable and has many things you couldnt go wrong with, but it doesnt match what you are looking for so I say the ASRock Fatat1ty Professinal for a very nice red scheme. This board is future proof for the upcoming Broadwell cpus and durable also. :) 
m
0
l
a c 125 à CPUs
August 15, 2014 10:58:40 AM

Any of the boards we listed are just as future proof as each other btw, just in case you get confused
m
0
l
August 15, 2014 11:14:10 AM

If either of u can reccomend a corsair psu for sli two 770 with any of the z97 mobo and 4690k?
m
0
l
a c 125 à CPUs
August 15, 2014 11:16:46 AM

A 800 w from either seasonic, xfx or evga will be good
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2014 11:20:57 AM

Michael9 said:
If either of u can reccomend a corsair psu for sli two 770 with any of the z97 mobo and 4690k?


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Go with this ^
These are the best EVGA PSU's you can go with. Johnny Guru rated it flawless practically. That means the PSU is very good.
m
0
l
August 15, 2014 11:26:06 AM

That link went to the fatality mobo jay repost again ^.^
m
0
l
August 15, 2014 12:09:53 PM

Psu looks awesome pretty sure I'll go with that one of the red mobos and the 4690k thank you both for your help can either of U direct me where to find out what esata and sata connections connect to and what everything on the motherboard connect to as well like where the gpu goes on the motherboard and stuff.. First time building a computer and I appreciate the help
m
1
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2014 12:13:40 PM

Michael9 said:
Psu looks awesome pretty sure I'll go with that one of the red mobos and the 4690k thank you both for your help can either of U direct me where to find out what esata and sata connections connect to and what everything on the motherboard connect to as well like where the gpu goes on the motherboard and stuff.. First time building a computer and I appreciate the help


Yes. No Problem. Do you wanna PM me so I can help you build your computer when the time comes?
m
0
l