R9 270 NON reference cards

laka4848

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
Hello i have trouble trying to find out which one is the best r9 270 card (Non x )
There is XFX DOUBLE dissipitation 2gb GDDR5 ram
Then there is sapphires, asus and more

By looking @ benchmarks, the xfx gets the most fps on games and is the fastest. But also is noisier and last less longer than the other. Just for 150$ (cheapest) . There is pros and cons for each

I just want to know which one you think is the best out of all of them for the cheapest
The budget is 180$

Btw if you can find me a case with a window for under 60$ that has leds on em please tell me
Thank you

specs for the pc will be

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($124.95 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($73.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($86.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.95 @ Vuugo)
Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.58 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.98 @ Newegg Canada)

hh

Solution
The XFX models do run louder and a bit warmer, but I loved my 7750 from XFX. You cant beat a double lifetime warranty...
Overall Sapphire makes the highest quality cards, but they cost more.
MSI is quality, and typically slightly cheaper.
The XFX models do run louder and a bit warmer, but I loved my 7750 from XFX. You cant beat a double lifetime warranty...
Overall Sapphire makes the highest quality cards, but they cost more.
MSI is quality, and typically slightly cheaper.

Solution

DeNachtwacht

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2014
I own the MSI Gaming 2GB and are quite satisfied with it. Runs really silent (more silent than Sapphire!) and only has one PSU connector so it doesn't need a lot of power which is good for both heat and your energy bill.

And please buy an SSD! I can't believe people are still building PC's without an SSD drive for the operating system. The overall desktop experience difference is HUGE.