HD 7950 crossfire or buy new Graphics card? HELP!!!

gamingfreakind

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
My previous GPU is SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 WITH BOOST. which did not worked after playing games of 30 hrs per month for 6 months. at 1st i though it was drivers problem or hard disk problem. Just a week back i sent it to RMA but haven't heard from them. I am very feared weather they will replace or not

I read about crossfire and it can beat even titan card. So i want to know crossfire 2 HD7950 is safe for future games or not. I don't care about old games. Once i finish the game i wont replay it

Else should i sell it and buy a new one? and this time i want to buy a card which lasts for at least 3yrs or else with a good Indian warranty. If i sell my old card i can increase my budget to 40k Indian rupees(700-800$)

My rig
Z87-GD65 GAMING
i7 4770
SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 WITH BOOST
corsair vengeance ddr3 8gb
corsair 750watt psu

hanks for your help :)

Solution
If that's your monitor (FHD) and you don't plan to upgrade anytime soon, then I'd suggest you to sell the old card and then get a beast R9 290 Tri X or GTX 780. The R9 290 is 35k INR.

http://www.amazon.in/SAPPHIRE-TRI-X-290-GDDR5-UEFI/dp/B00HJOKARI/

^That card can smoke any latest title on FHD on ultra with 80+FPS and will do so for atleast 3 more years. Expect 5 years of Ultra gaming with 50+ FPS on FHD.

Don't Xfire your cards, it won't be beneficial.
If that's your monitor (FHD) and you don't plan to upgrade anytime soon, then I'd suggest you to sell the old card and then get a beast R9 290 Tri X or GTX 780. The R9 290 is 35k INR.

http://www.amazon.in/SAPPHIRE-TRI-X-290-GDDR5-UEFI/dp/B00HJOKARI/

^That card can smoke any latest title on FHD on ultra with 80+FPS and will do so for atleast 3 more years. Expect 5 years of Ultra gaming with 50+ FPS on FHD.

Don't Xfire your cards, it won't be beneficial.

Solution

gamingfreakind

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014

I don't want to buy any more SAPPHIRE. My previous card only lasted 6months. Can you suggest any other good brand which lasts longer or have good warranty in India. Thanks :)

It can take weeks to process an RMA, try to be patient.
Keep in contact with the people processing the RMA: normal letters, E-mails, telephone calls, make sure you let them know you are unhappy but be polite! Getting angry and shouting over the telephone will do no good.
Warranty conditions vary, I'm not sure about India but in some very large countries the conditions can vary according to state or province, so you should check carefully before making a purchase.
Currently out of stock but a excellent card: http://www.flipkart.com/msi-nvidia-n780-tf-3gd5-oc-3-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdz3qvz5bgkmbv?pid=GRCDZ3QVZ5BGKMBV&srno=b_14&ref=910c7140-d54a-40cd-8be5-6af76e6f7602

Got the impression the OP was worried about the RMA he mentioned at the start of his post, hence my advice and suggestions.

Good to see you're in a position to give 'local' advice, I've only Amazon and Flipcart as sources for India (I'm in England) and can only really give general advice so I'm sure any advice you can give will be more than welcome.

HA! HA! Didn't mean to start that all over again! Just trying to help out but TBH either the R9 290 or GTX 780 look like they fit his needs perfectly.

No worries :)
And yes, any of those will be more than enough for his monitor for atleast 3-4 more years of high-ultra gaming at 60+ FPS. I'd say go with the one that is cheeper/ available on the major sites as then there'll not be any problem with Warranty and RMA, which is the absolute last resort.

gamingfreakind

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014

I think i will go with the R9 290 :D as you are saying it is the best and do think my PSU will handle it?
and do you know any place where i can get it for lowest price apart from flipkart and snapdeal?

I bought my previous GPU at a local shop so they are handling the RMA. If i purchase it online then where should i send it to RMA?

Thanks for your help. It means a lot :) very happy to find a Indian

gamingfreakind

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014

This is the one i have. I think its CX
http://tinyurl.com/llbksqb

That PSU is not the best but 750W will do w/o issues, you're good to go in that dept :)

Also, actually I was building an entirely new rig so I just wanted the cheapest price I can get for the GPU, Warranty not being my priority, and it was available in a local shop, but I didn't trust the warranty so I kind of insured the GPU with 5 Year Warranty from the shop owner (in written of course) with just an extra 1.5k INR which was really cheap as I got the card (Sapphire Tri X version) for 31k INR itself.

But since you want Warranty over price I'd say buy from a good website as it'll give you a good hold over the seller if its flawed. Moreover, 3 years is more than enough, if your GPU works fine for 3 years, I'm certain it'll work good for the rest of its life too :)