Will any 1333 ram work for my mobo?

Lolboi90

Honorable
Aug 6, 2014
I have this mobo and basically I need ram but the supported ram list for the mobo is pretty small and most are very expensive(price is important also if it has prime for amazon that makes it much better). So basically will this work with the mobo? RAM

Also is it possible to just have 1 4gb stick of ram in, or do you absolutely need 2 sticks of ram?

Solution
Actually, never mind - if you're only looking to go to 4GB, it doesn't matter which OS you're running. You can run a single stick, up to 8GB, or you can run two for 16GB, with speeds up to 1600MHz. A single 4GB stick should work fine.

Any DDR-3 1.5V DRAM should work - the QVL list just shows RAM that's actually been tested by Gigabyte, but it's not a comprehensive list of all the RAM that will work.

Edit: The RAM you linked should work fine. However, if you're going to run two sticks of RAM, it's recommended to purchase a matched set rather than mixing separately purchased sticks. Mixed sets can work, but are more likely to have compatibility issues.
Actually, never mind - if you're only looking to go to 4GB, it doesn't matter which OS you're running. You can run a single stick, up to 8GB, or you can run two for 16GB, with speeds up to 1600MHz. A single 4GB stick should work fine.

Any DDR-3 1.5V DRAM should work - the QVL list just shows RAM that's actually been tested by Gigabyte, but it's not a comprehensive list of all the RAM that will work.

Edit: The RAM you linked should work fine. However, if you're going to run two sticks of RAM, it's recommended to purchase a matched set rather than mixing separately purchased sticks. Mixed sets can work, but are more likely to have compatibility issues.

Solution

Lolboi90

Honorable
Aug 6, 2014

Thank you so much for helping I just have one more question just to make sure I understood correctly, this RAM will work with the mobo right?