$1200 Intel Based Gaming Build (Micro-ATX)

brettcb

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
I've just finished speccing out my new build and was looking for some final suggestions before I pull the trigger.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dyTjRB

I plan on overclocking down the line and possibly adding a second graphics card at some point. I'm not 100% married to the H60 water cooling I've just used it in a few previous builds and thought it performed well.

Also, I'm up in the air about the graphics card. I was really wanting to go Nvidia but the price step up to the comparable graphics card seemed unreasonable.

Keep in mind this is all Micro-ATX.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Solution
You should NEVER spend more on the CPU and less on the GPU for a gaming build. I'd either get a cheaper Intel, or get an FX 8350. I'd also ditch the H60 and get a Hyper 212 EVO as the H60 is a low end AIO loop and won't perform any better than a budget air cooler

GRUxTSAR

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
You should NEVER spend more on the CPU and less on the GPU for a gaming build. I'd either get a cheaper Intel, or get an FX 8350. I'd also ditch the H60 and get a Hyper 212 EVO as the H60 is a low end AIO loop and won't perform any better than a budget air cooler

Solution