r9 290 tri x black screen

Masamuneccc

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014
i have recently bought a R9 290 SAPPHIRE TRI X graphics card and frequently my screen will flicker , flicker black for half a second . another issue i have is if i let it idle for X amount of time ( its random) the screens goes black fully , and none of my monitors are showing as active . I do not know the cause of this and looking for help. my rig is an AMD Fx-8350 4.0ghz factory no overclock , 16 gigs 1866mhz corsair vengence ram , hx 850 corsair power supply. drivers are all todate , does this beta and current drivers from AMD.

Ensure the card is firmly seated in its PCI-E x16 slot and that the PSU power connectors are firmly attached.

Also ensure your monitor cable is securely attached and that there is no dust or debris on any of the connections.

Download GPU-Z and monitor your GPU temperature. It shouldn't be above 40°c when idle at the desktop. If it's very high (over 75°c) at the desktop then your GPU is suffering cooling issues. Are the fans spinning? Are any cables/debris obstructing them?

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Try setting your monitor to various different refresh rates by going to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Adjust Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor Tab > Screen Refresh Rate. See if any of those produce improved results.