Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

2600k Heat Issue

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 16, 2014 9:01:26 PM

This was after running Prime for about a minute : http://prntscr.com/4dl4zz

My cpu was overclocked with Asus AI Suite 2. I'm not sure, but could voltage be the problem? I also don't know how to undo the overclock if it's causing my temperatures to be so high. Any help is much appreciated.

More about : 2600k heat issue

a b à CPUs
August 16, 2014 9:54:24 PM

I can't say that AI Suite II is not effective as I have not used it. Though I have heard that it is not without it's share of issues and bugs. I am not saying that AI suite is causing your high temps but you should try and set it back to default maybe uninstall it after if you want and use the UEFI BIOS to overclock. If the thermal output is the same then Maybe try lowering the Voltage manually. Sandy Bridge processors can use less voltage for similar overlcocks compared to Ivy Bridge. 1.344v is a bit high, especially for 4.3Ghz. I am use a i7 3770k@ 4.2Ghz with CPu voltage 1.175v. Now depending on the MB more clean current will be applied when the CPU wants.
I need to ask what cooling are you using?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 17, 2014 6:48:09 AM

Vitric9 said:
I can't say that AI Suite II is not effective as I have not used it. Though I have heard that it is not without it's share of issues and bugs. I am not saying that AI suite is causing your high temps but you should try and set it back to default maybe uninstall it after if you want and use the UEFI BIOS to overclock. If the thermal output is the same then Maybe try lowering the Voltage manually. Sandy Bridge processors can use less voltage for similar overlcocks compared to Ivy Bridge. 1.344v is a bit high, especially for 4.3Ghz. I am use a i7 3770k@ 4.2Ghz with CPu voltage 1.175v. Now depending on the MB more clean current will be applied when the CPU wants.
I need to ask what cooling are you using?


Thank you for the reply. I'm using the Liquid Cooling Asetek 510LC. Also, how do I set the speeds back to default?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 17, 2014 5:35:04 PM

You mentioned that you were using AI Suite II to overclock. I never used it myself but I am pretty sure you can reset it or uninstall it. Though removing it after it makes changes to the hardware may not be recommend until you undo the OC AI suite II is using.
m
0
l
August 17, 2014 6:18:36 PM

Vitric9 said:
You mentioned that you were using AI Suite II to overclock. I never used it myself but I am pretty sure you can reset it or uninstall it. Though removing it after it makes changes to the hardware may not be recommend until you undo the OC AI suite II is using.

I uninstalled the turbo evo part on a i suite 2 then I reset my CMOS. I'm running prime at the moment and the highest ghz my cup is going to is 3.5 so I'm guessing it set it back to stock. Temperatures seem to be much better, all cores are around 70c after running it for 10 or so minutes. This is much better, but another thing that is confusing me is why my idle temps are so high, each core is around 50c on nearly 0% load. I also realized my CPU climbs to 3.7 ghz on only 25% load.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2014 1:47:32 AM

Go to control panel/power options and set a power plan to either balanced or custom mixed with performance then under Processor Management set Minimum processor state to either 2% or 5%.
m
0
l
August 19, 2014 7:15:41 AM

Vitric9 said:
Go to control panel/power options and set a power plan to either balanced or custom mixed with performance then under Processor Management set Minimum processor state to either 2% or 5%.

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it was at 5% already.

m
0
l
!