Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

windows 7 or 8 usb install

Tags:
  • Windows
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • DVD Drives
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 17, 2014 7:33:35 AM

I just recently built a gaming pc. and now i want to install windows to it. the only problem is i dont have a dvd drive or anything like that yet and i also do not want to spend 100$ bucks on a new disk and 20$ on the dvd drive so i was wondering if there was a bootup disk to the windows 8 install that i can use. again i do not have any os on the system.

i just want to get the os install on the usb so i can go on redditsoftwareswap and get a windows key so i can just start using it.

if someone can give me instructions on how to do this also that would be amazing.

More about : windows usb install

a c 637 $ Windows 7
August 17, 2014 7:40:52 AM

You can install via USB no problem. However, "redditsoftwareswap " is not a viable source for a Windows OS.

A valid OS is just as much a part of a new PC as is the RAM/GPU/CPU/whatever.
m
0
l
August 17, 2014 7:45:15 AM

USAFRet said:
You can install via USB no problem. However, "redditsoftwareswap " is not a viable source for a Windows OS.

A valid OS is just as much a part of a new PC as is the RAM/GPU/CPU/whatever.

So do you know any other means of getting a windows 7 or 8 key cheap? its just i kinda used my whole budget building the PC and didnt think of the OS at the time. I tried installing steam OS also but it wont use mantle or dual x so i can make my pc games run faster. anyway back to the point, if you know any other means of getting the OS key without spending nearly a hundred dollars then im sold.

m
0
l
Related resources
a c 637 $ Windows 7
August 17, 2014 7:49:18 AM

insertURL said:
USAFRet said:
You can install via USB no problem. However, "redditsoftwareswap " is not a viable source for a Windows OS.

A valid OS is just as much a part of a new PC as is the RAM/GPU/CPU/whatever.

So do you know any other means of getting a windows 7 or 8 key cheap? its just i kinda used my whole budget building the PC and didnt think of the OS at the time. I tried installing steam OS also but it wont use mantle or dual x so i can make my pc games run faster. anyway back to the point, if you know any other means of getting the OS key without spending nearly a hundred dollars then im sold.



A Windows license costs what it costs. Unless you see it on sale from one of the major resellers, it is probably not legit.
TigerDirect - $90 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/ite...

" its just i kinda used my whole budget building the PC and didnt think of the OS at the time. "
' its just i kinda used my whole budget building the PC and didnt think of the RAM at the time. '

Same thing. The OS is just as much a part of the PC as anything else.
m
0
l
August 17, 2014 7:52:20 AM

USAFRet said:
insertURL said:
USAFRet said:
You can install via USB no problem. However, "redditsoftwareswap " is not a viable source for a Windows OS.

A valid OS is just as much a part of a new PC as is the RAM/GPU/CPU/whatever.

So do you know any other means of getting a windows 7 or 8 key cheap? its just i kinda used my whole budget building the PC and didnt think of the OS at the time. I tried installing steam OS also but it wont use mantle or dual x so i can make my pc games run faster. anyway back to the point, if you know any other means of getting the OS key without spending nearly a hundred dollars then im sold.



A Windows license costs what it costs. Unless you see it on sale from one of the major resellers, it is probably not legit.
TigerDirect - $90 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/ite...

" its just i kinda used my whole budget building the PC and didnt think of the OS at the time. "
' its just i kinda used my whole budget building the PC and didnt think of the RAM at the time. '

Same thing. The OS is just as much a part of the PC as anything else.

alrighty, oh also do you know how to boot up the windows with a usb on the PC. ive been trying since 10pm to 4am and its driving me nuts. again like i said before i do not have a dvd drive.
m
0
l
a c 637 $ Windows 7
August 17, 2014 7:54:01 AM

insertURL said:

alrighty, oh also do you know how to boot up the windows with a usb on the PC. ive been trying since 10pm to 4am and its driving me nuts. again like i said before i do not have a dvd drive.


Use this to prepare the USB stick:
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
m
0
l
August 17, 2014 8:13:03 AM

USAFRet said:
insertURL said:

alrighty, oh also do you know how to boot up the windows with a usb on the PC. ive been trying since 10pm to 4am and its driving me nuts. again like i said before i do not have a dvd drive.


Use this to prepare the USB stick:
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

do you know where i can download the iso file?
if you know where the windows 8 file is that would be awesome
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 637 $ Windows 7
August 17, 2014 8:24:45 AM

insertURL said:
USAFRet said:
insertURL said:

alrighty, oh also do you know how to boot up the windows with a usb on the PC. ive been trying since 10pm to 4am and its driving me nuts. again like i said before i do not have a dvd drive.


Use this to prepare the USB stick:
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

do you know where i can download the iso file?
if you know where the windows 8 file is that would be awesome


When you buy it, you will either be sent a DVD, or a link to obtain the ISO install file.

For Windows 7, you can download the official ISOs here:
http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-...

You have 30 days, and then it will demand activation with a valid key. Which you buy from a valid reseller.
Share
August 17, 2014 8:48:50 AM

USAFRet said:
insertURL said:
USAFRet said:
insertURL said:

alrighty, oh also do you know how to boot up the windows with a usb on the PC. ive been trying since 10pm to 4am and its driving me nuts. again like i said before i do not have a dvd drive.


Use this to prepare the USB stick:
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

do you know where i can download the iso file?
if you know where the windows 8 file is that would be awesome


When you buy it, you will either be sent a DVD, or a link to obtain the ISO install file.

For Windows 7, you can download the official ISOs here:
http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-...

You have 30 days, and then it will demand activation with a valid key. Which you buy from a valid reseller.

when i try to use the windows 7 usb download tool with the iso it gives me a message saying the iso is invalid
m
0
l
a c 637 $ Windows 7
August 17, 2014 9:13:47 AM

insertURL said:
USAFRet said:
insertURL said:
USAFRet said:
insertURL said:

alrighty, oh also do you know how to boot up the windows with a usb on the PC. ive been trying since 10pm to 4am and its driving me nuts. again like i said before i do not have a dvd drive.


Use this to prepare the USB stick:
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

do you know where i can download the iso file?
if you know where the windows 8 file is that would be awesome


When you buy it, you will either be sent a DVD, or a link to obtain the ISO install file.

For Windows 7, you can download the official ISOs here:
http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-...

You have 30 days, and then it will demand activation with a valid key. Which you buy from a valid reseller.

when i try to use the windows 7 usb download tool with the iso it gives me a message saying the iso is invalid


And you obtained this ISO from.....where?
m
0
l
August 17, 2014 9:21:33 AM

USAFRet said:
insertURL said:
USAFRet said:
insertURL said:
USAFRet said:
insertURL said:

alrighty, oh also do you know how to boot up the windows with a usb on the PC. ive been trying since 10pm to 4am and its driving me nuts. again like i said before i do not have a dvd drive.


Use this to prepare the USB stick:
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

do you know where i can download the iso file?
if you know where the windows 8 file is that would be awesome


When you buy it, you will either be sent a DVD, or a link to obtain the ISO install file.

For Windows 7, you can download the official ISOs here:
http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-...

You have 30 days, and then it will demand activation with a valid key. Which you buy from a valid reseller.

when i try to use the windows 7 usb download tool with the iso it gives me a message saying the iso is invalid


And you obtained this ISO from.....where?

the link you sent me
i just thought getting that 30 day trial would be great because by the time 30 days is up i will have enough money to buy the package and the dvd drive so i can get the full version
m
0
l
a c 637 $ Windows 7
August 17, 2014 10:03:59 AM

insertURL said:

the link you sent me
i just thought getting that 30 day trial would be great because by the time 30 days is up i will have enough money to buy the package and the dvd drive so i can get the full version


So what went wrong with the USB creation? Possibly download the ISO again.
m
0
l
August 17, 2014 10:10:11 AM

USAFRet said:
insertURL said:

the link you sent me
i just thought getting that 30 day trial would be great because by the time 30 days is up i will have enough money to buy the package and the dvd drive so i can get the full version


So what went wrong with the USB creation? Possibly download the ISO again.


i got the windows installation to boot up now but now its giving me this message when i try to install "no device drivers were found. make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok"
m
0
l
!