I7-3770 non k overclocking help

SlimmerthanShady

Honorable
Mar 31, 2014
Let my start off by saying I am a noob at overclocking, I have never done it before and need help starting out. With that in mind, I want to overclock my i7-3770 non k CPU. I'm using the ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility because I have a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard. I have my BCLK Frequency at 100.00 MHz and my CPU Ratio at x 4.0 GHz. My voltage is at +0.015 V, I'm not sure what the normal voltage is so i think i'm adding that many volts to the normal max voltage. Also, could someone explain about the basics about voltage? And Is this a ok overclock? Thanks!

I am running OCCT and so far my temps lower then 75 Celsius, but for the past 20 minutes I haven't seen it go above 70.

I'm adding Gyazo screenshots of my Utility and my Open Hardware monitor so you can see whats going on:
ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility:
http://i.gyazo.com/74280a58af8f68e514f188640317f7db.png

Open Hardware Monitor:
http://gyazo.com/26d055fb3cfd6386fc3c6442d9690026.png

Solution
Most intel cpus have igpus, including your 3770. K only refers to unlocked. Limited oc on non k was introduced on sb and was also on ib. It was removed on hw. You still need a chipset that allows for ocing.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You're kinda wasting your time trying to OC a non-K i7. All you can do is bump up the bclk a bit for a few MHz increase. But raising the bclk also increases the freq of everything else that runs off the bclk. So you need to lower all those multipliers or you'll end up not knowing what is crashing the system when you hit an unstable increase.

Non-k for sb and ib can oc 400mhz without changing bclk which is what he did. This is changing the turbo speed so 4.3ghz is only for 1 core except on some mobos like asus that can do max turbo on all cores. Last I heard, axtu has shown to cause issues if installed. I have an asrock mobo and had the issue but I don't remember what it was. You should uninstall it. Always oc using bios.

Rexer

Distinguished

Hello. I just happen to read this browsing around the thread list. I own an i7 3770 and I bought it knowing I wouldn't be overclocking it. But you guys aroused curiosity, lol. I thought Intel closed the overclocking switch on the 3770. Also, wasn't 'K' just an addition of on board video as well as open switch overclocking?