I3, fx 6300 or pentilum

hey guys im on a strict 500$ budget for a gaming computer including a montior. I was wondering would a i3 or fx 6300 be better. Would a pentilum offer good enough performance so that i could add a gpu.

ok so oc a pentilum(anniversy i mean) it will be good right to pair with like a r9 270 or r7 260x.

cmi86

Distinguished
Well see this is a complicated question. It really all depends on what you intend to do with the PC besides gaming. If you are planning to do any productivity work I would pick the 6300 and it's extra cores will certainly benefit you. Even a fair share of games now a days are starting to show a slow down with dual cores as coding moves towards better multi core utilization. The intel path does offer the opportunity to move up to an i5 where as the amd option would allow for some pretty heavy overclocking. It really is up to you.

cmi86

Distinguished
Me personally I would just go for the 6300 as it's core count makes me feel more comfortable going in to the future. Having more cores will make it faster when you use it for things that will take advantage of them. Gaming is pretty much neck and neck, some favor intels efficiency some favor the 6300 core count. Both are perfectly capable of gaming. Both will overclock. I think the 6300 potential to be significantly faster given utilization sells it in this situation.

Alpha3031

Honorable

Yes, it's better, it's also twice as expensive. It's really only a competitor with a higher budget