Solved

Is it normal to reach 75ºC on GTX 460?

hello guys please help

i have these setup old one ..

CPU: e5400 OCed to 3.6Ghz
RAM: 4GB DDR2
GPU: GTX 460 SE

everytime i play gpu reaches 75ºC+ .. is that normal ?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about normal reach 75c gtx 460
  1. very normal. you know those jokes about frying eggs on the r9-290/290x? well those were recycled from the 4xx series gpus were someone actually did fry an egg on a 480 (i think)... the 460/470/480 were all mini furnaces
  2. ingtar33 said:
    very normal. you know those jokes about frying eggs on the r9-290/290x? well those were recycled from the 4xx series gpus were someone actually did fry an egg on a 480 (i think)... the 460/470/480 were all mini furnaces


    LOL really? they tried that? haha .. so i don't need to buy a gpu cooler to replace the stock one?
  3. My GTX 660 averages up to 78°C in Battlefield 4 on ultra, even with the fan curve ramped up in EVGA Precision X. Therefore, this is normal, especially with a single-fan cooler.
  4. Joseph DeGarmo said:
    My GTX 660 averages up to 78°C in Battlefield 4 on ultra, even with the fan curve ramped up in EVGA Precision X. Therefore, this is normal, especially with a single-fan cooler.


    ow .. i thought it could kill this old gpu .. lol .. so i dont have to buy aftermarket coolers .. thanks a lot
  5. That is still in acceptable range.
  6. renz496 said:
    That is still in acceptable range.


    hello sir, will deepcool v2000 fit my gpu? i really don't want my gpu to die lol
  7. Best answer
    You need GPU compatibility list for that cooler. Also usually after market cooler was design to be used with reference board. Many GPU maker use custom PCB so it might not fit. 75c will not going to kill the GPU. Even 80-90c is fine though above 90c you should be warry. Unless your fan is completely broken there is no need to replace the cooler. Just clean the fan and heatsink and reapply thermal paste.
  8. I had 2x Reference Asus GTX470’s and the 1st GPU got to around 80-90°c. I believe the 4xx series (especially the 460/465/470/480) have a limit of 105°c

    These are manufactured to run hot, but personally, if it were to increase into the Mid 90’s, then I would give my system a good clean to make sure all air-flows are free and most of the gathered dust is gone, helping lower temps.
  9. Back then only GF100 based card have a bit of problem with heat and power consumption. The much smaller chip (GF104/106) are fine although it was not as good as AMD counter part at that time. Even my 460 which OCed heavily to 900mhz (standard 460 GPU clock is 675mhz) the temp did not break 80c (I don't really remember but I think it was around 75c max).
  10. renz496 said:
    You need GPU compatibility list for that cooler. Also usually after market cooler was design to be used with reference board. Many GPU maker use custom PCB so it might not fit. 75c will not going to kill the GPU. Even 80-90c is fine though above 90c you should be warry. Unless your fan is completely broken there is no need to replace the cooler. Just clean the fan and heatsink and reapply thermal paste.


    so it's definitely fine right? i'll clean it up today .. maybe dust is eating it up LOL .. thank you so much for the advices
  11. reccy said:
    I had 2x Reference Asus GTX470’s and the 1st GPU got to around 80-90°c. I believe the 4xx series (especially the 460/465/470/480) have a limit of 105°c

    These are manufactured to run hot, but personally, if it were to increase into the Mid 90’s, then I would give my system a good clean to make sure all air-flows are free and most of the gathered dust is gone, helping lower temps.


    105ºC? really? thanks .. atleast i know now .. mine just go around 75-80ºC .. so its fine .. thanks a lot guys ..
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx GPUs CPUs Graphics