Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this build good?

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Power Supplies
  • Games
  • Build
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
August 19, 2014 4:34:03 AM

Hello everybody :) ,

I am building my first custom made gaming PC.
I am curios if this build is good? (my goal is to play recent games)
Maybe you can help me choosing my power supply as well?

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
Powersupply: ???
Motherboard: ASUS H97-PLUS –Socket 1150 - ATX
CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3 GHz 1150
Memory: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3, 1866 HMz, 240pin DIMM
Videocard: ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue, 1TB, 3.5” (Possible SSD would be: Samsung 840 Evo Series 120GB)

Thanks :) 

More about : build good

a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 4:37:04 AM

I recommend going with a Seagate Barracuda which has a better performance and cheaper by a few dollars.

For a PSU, I'll only recommend you some great manufacturers and what you will need.

You will need at least 500W but I recommend a 600W for the extra headroom.

To save some money go with a Bronze as it is only 5% less efficient. So what manufacturer? Go with Antec, EVGA, SeaSonic, Thermaltake or XFX to name some of the best PSU manufacturers.

Yes go with the Evo and not PRO unless you can afford it. 120GB should be a great choice if you are on a budget and you will be able to store your OS and a few games.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 4:38:03 AM

That build is amazing.
Well balanced.Great choice of high quality products.Perfect for a high-end gamer.
I would change the mobo to a AsRock H97 Killer,but the ASUS one is pretty dam good.
For the PSU,XFX Core 650W is an excellent choice. ;) 
All the best. :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
August 19, 2014 4:51:56 AM

LukaBoki said:
That build is amazing.
I would change the mobo to a AsRock H97 Killer,but the ASUS one is pretty dam good.


Why would you change the ASUS mobo with the AsRock?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 4:55:03 AM

AxeDream said:
LukaBoki said:
That build is amazing.
I would change the mobo to a AsRock H97 Killer,but the ASUS one is pretty dam good.


Why would you change the ASUS mobo with the AsRock?


Asus would be better for overclocking but ASRock will do well for general use but no overclocking.

Have you take a look at mine yet AxeDream?
m
0
l
August 19, 2014 5:35:04 AM

Joeteoh99 said:
AxeDream said:
LukaBoki said:
That build is amazing.
I would change the mobo to a AsRock H97 Killer,but the ASUS one is pretty dam good.


Why would you change the ASUS mobo with the AsRock?


Asus would be better for overclocking but ASRock will do well for general use but no overclocking.

Have you take a look at mine yet AxeDream?


I am not going to OC since i am going to buy a h97 and not a z97
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 5:37:47 AM

AxeDream said:
Joeteoh99 said:
AxeDream said:
LukaBoki said:
That build is amazing.
I would change the mobo to a AsRock H97 Killer,but the ASUS one is pretty dam good.


Why would you change the ASUS mobo with the AsRock?


Asus would be better for overclocking but ASRock will do well for general use but no overclocking.

Have you take a look at mine yet AxeDream?


I am not going to OC since i am going to buy a h97 and not a z97


AsRock and ASUS are really close when it comes to H97 motherboards.
ASUS makes A LOT better Z97 motherboards,like Maximus VI Hero,Maximus VII Hero etc.
You can stick to the ASUS H97,I didn't say it's bad or anything.I just said what I would get for an H97 motherboard. ;) 
All the best. :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 5:40:00 AM

AxeDream said:
Joeteoh99 said:
AxeDream said:
LukaBoki said:
That build is amazing.
I would change the mobo to a AsRock H97 Killer,but the ASUS one is pretty dam good.


Why would you change the ASUS mobo with the AsRock?


Asus would be better for overclocking but ASRock will do well for general use but no overclocking.

Have you take a look at mine yet AxeDream?


I am not going to OC since i am going to buy a h97 and not a z97



You go it right. I pointed that out to lye you know that a H97 is the most sensible choice for your CPU. ;) 
Share
August 19, 2014 5:41:56 AM

Joeteoh99 said:
AxeDream said:
Joeteoh99 said:
AxeDream said:
LukaBoki said:
That build is amazing.
I would change the mobo to a AsRock H97 Killer,but the ASUS one is pretty dam good.


Why would you change the ASUS mobo with the AsRock?


Asus would be better for overclocking but ASRock will do well for general use but no overclocking.

Have you take a look at mine yet AxeDream?


I am not going to OC since i am going to buy a h97 and not a z97



You go it right. I pointed that out to lye you know that a H97 is the most sensible choice for your CPU. ;) 


Ok thanks ;) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 5:45:40 AM

AxeDream said:
Joeteoh99 said:
AxeDream said:
Joeteoh99 said:
AxeDream said:
LukaBoki said:
That build is amazing.
I would change the mobo to a AsRock H97 Killer,but the ASUS one is pretty dam good.


Why would you change the ASUS mobo with the AsRock?


Asus would be better for overclocking but ASRock will do well for general use but no overclocking.

Have you take a look at mine yet AxeDream?


I am not going to OC since i am going to buy a h97 and not a z97



You go it right. I pointed that out to lye you know that a H97 is the most sensible choice for your CPU. ;) 


Ok thanks ;) 


Glad to help don't mind picking the solution. And if you have any problems, just PM me. :) 
m
0
l
August 19, 2014 5:58:43 AM

LukaBoki said:
AxeDream said:
Joeteoh99 said:
AxeDream said:
Would this be a better Motherboard?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


That's one of ASRock best selling motherboards. :D 


Is that a yes?


That a BIG yes. ;) 


I guess i am buying that mobo then ;) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 5:59:45 AM

As you wish. ;) 
Make sure to choose a solution and to PM us if you have any problems/questions. ;) 
Me and Joeteoh99 are really good friends. :p 
Joe,you know what I'm talking abut... :D 
m
0
l
August 19, 2014 6:02:09 AM

LukaBoki said:
As you wish. ;) 
Make sure to choose a solution and to PM us if you have any problems/questions. ;) 
Me and Joeteoh99 are really good friends. :p 
Joe,you know what I'm talking abut... :D 


Ok thanks for the help :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 6:02:47 AM

Glad we could do so,mate. ;) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 6:08:24 AM

AxeDream said:
LukaBoki said:
As you wish. ;) 
Make sure to choose a solution and to PM us if you have any problems/questions. ;) 
Me and Joeteoh99 are really good friends. :p 
Joe,you know what I'm talking abut... :D 


Ok thanks for the help :) 


No worries. YES (another big yes) PM anyone of us. Me or LukaBoki.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
August 19, 2014 6:11:25 AM

Joeteoh99 said:
AxeDream said:
LukaBoki said:
As you wish. ;) 
Make sure to choose a solution and to PM us if you have any problems/questions. ;) 
Me and Joeteoh99 are really good friends. :p 
Joe,you know what I'm talking abut... :D 


Ok thanks for the help :) 


No worries. YES (another big yes) PM anyone of us. Me or LukaBoki.


Or both. ;) 
m
0
l
!