Solved

AMD 9590 heat issue idle : 54c

Hai there guys i have a question about my processor that i bought today idle heat 54c-62c is and i did not lower any of the fan speeds in case im not a pro enthusiast. so i need help with the cooling and i cant afford any and my cooler is hyper 212x any ideas how to fix it thank you in advance
26 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd 9590 heat issue idle 54c
  1. Hello,

    The 9xxx series CPUs are meant only for enthusiasts and AMD die-hard fans, therefore at over 200 W TDP you must use a very good air/liquid cooler (Noctua or Corsair H80/H100/H110). You can add more fans on your setup but I don't think it will shave more than a couple of degrees... Or you can underclock/undervolt the CPU and, when your budget allows, you will buy a powerful cooler. What motherboard are you using right now?
  2. sabertooth 990 fx is my mobo and i have fans to cool the case
  3. the fan speeds adjust themselves automatically based on temperature, it is quite possible that the temp reading program could be showing false numbers, double check in BIOS.

    If not, then you may not have installed the cooler properly... unless it hasn't done that before and it started now... in which case the thermal paste might have dried out.
  4. i got the comp. today and im pretty sure about the fans installed properly and i checked the temp. from bios btw
  5. Hi OP,

    AMD 9590's TDP is about 220W. There are some chances that your board might allow 140-150W and hence make sure you have FLASHED YOUR BIOS. Secondly, EVO 212 and 212X can handle fx 8350. For your processor, it is highly recommended to install WATER COOLER because your processor gets extremely hot.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181032
    Corsair H100i
  6. wrathofsoul said:
    sabertooth 990 fx is my mobo and i have fans to cool the case


    The FX-9590 is not even officially supported; you have very good chances to damage your motherboard and/or CPU!

    EDIT: Also, the Hyper 212x can cool CPUs with TDP lower than 180W, so it is a no go anyway...
  7. ^@cristi72. Well, I don't think so. OP has to update the BIOS to support the processor, thats it.

    Edit: Oh, I see it is not officially supported, though. But wouldn't be stable when voltages are manually changed?
  8. So which means i have to change the hyper 212x ?
  9. MostWantedSoulRider said:
    ^@cristi72. Well, I don't think so. OP has to update the BIOS to support the processor, thats it.

    Edit: Oh, I see it is not officially supported, though. But wouldn't be stable when voltages are manually changed?


    If your life depends on using that CPU, you can underclock and undervolt it, bringing it to the FX-8150/8350 levels (but that denies its premium price and its only purpose in life, namely being the only CPU which breaks the 5 GHz mark at default settings).
  10. if i keep using this way will it be problem for my case ? or is has to be done immediately?
  11. You'll probably need a watercooler or some higher end dual tower air-cooler like the cryorig R1 Universal/ultimate, Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E, Noctua NH-D15 or 14., ....
  12. wrathofsoul said:
    if i keep using this way will it be problem for my case ? or is has to be done immediately?


    Please don't wait the problems to arise; dial down the multiplier for max. 4.2 GHz default / 4.5 GHz turbo and also the voltage to max. 1.35 Volts.
  13. Hold on a minute, this is confusing me.

    http://rog.asus.com/261142013/crosshair-motherboards/asus-announces-full-support-for-amd-fx9590-and-fx9370-processors-with-existing-990fx-based-motherboards/

    ROG asus says that the motherboard officially supports 9590. So, Maybe OP has to change air cooler into WATER COOLER like h100i.
  14. SEIDON 120V PLUS COOLER MASTER is it good enough i have spend all of my money lol u guys got any idea about this water cooling will it fit ? will it worth?
  15. wrathofsoul said:
    SEIDON 120V PLUS COOLER MASTER is it good enough i have spend all of my money lol u guys got any idea about this water cooling will it fit ? will it worth?



    As per my above post, it seems the board supports the processor. In the meantime, I recommend a high build quality liquid cooling system in your machine. This SEIDEON 120V is almost equal to 212 EVO air cooling (lol).
  16. MostWantedSoulRider said:
    Hold on a minute, this is confusing me.

    http://rog.asus.com/261142013/crosshair-motherboards/asus-announces-full-support-for-amd-fx9590-and-fx9370-processors-with-existing-990fx-based-motherboards/

    ROG asus says that the motherboard officially supports 9590. So, Maybe OP has to change air cooler into WATER COOLER like h100i.


    Yes, but the OP said is an Sabertooth 990FX, while the ROG said the support includes only Sabertooth 990FX V2.0.
  17. wrathofsoul said:
    SEIDON 120V PLUS COOLER MASTER is it good enough i have spend all of my money lol u guys got any idea about this water cooling will it fit ? will it worth?



    You'd be better of with a good aircooler. If I recommend watercooling I'd look into the kracken X60
  18. Hey OP,

    The board officially supports your processor only if its revision 2.0. Do you got the same one?
  19. yes its 990 fx 2.0
  20. also SEIDON 120XL water cooling what about this one and i cant be able to push my limit more than this lol
  21. wrathofsoul said:
    also SEIDON 120XL water cooling what about this one and i cant be able to push my limit more than this lol


    It is worse than your 212x; for that kind of TDP, you will need (if you want to go liquid) an 2x120 mm cooler, something like Corsair 100/110 or Seidon 240.
  22. OP, you got 2.0

    Do not worry about compatibility. All you have to do is afford corsair h100i or Noctua DH-15. They have higher build quality with greater efficiency which are mandate for gaming computer. If the Idle temp gets 62 C on your processor, then you must get down to work on buying any of the above mentioned products and install it right away. I know it is breaking your budget but being a penny-pincher in here, would definitely let you face lot of hardware problems down the line. I'm not trying to be mean but save you from severe future expenses on your PC.
  23. what about any other cpu coolers its kinda hard to get a noctua i mean the exact model of it. What about others like cooler master got one ? or zalman etc.
  24. You need a strong water cooler for these heaters. H100i is a good one for a good price
  25. what about the ideal temperatures with h100i ? i couldnt find any grahpics about it. can u give me idle underload temperatures etc. ?
  26. Best answer
    Exedreams said:
    what about the ideal temperatures with h100i ? i couldnt find any grahpics about it. can u give me idle underload temperatures etc. ?



    You should expect 45-60 C in IDLE and over 75 C in load, 9590 being a very hot (literally) processor; the big problem is the broken temp sensor on AMD platform, therefore you'll never have an accurate temp reading unless going for an aftermarket calibrated temp sensor (I have the same problem on my Opterons, as they try to convince me they are running under 50 C, while I cannot hold my hand on the cooler's heatpipes, backplates and retention systems).

    Please check this:

    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/62166-amd-fx-9590-review-piledriver-5ghz-17.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Heat Cooling CPUs