Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Does the kraken g10 support an ASUS r9 290?

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • Heatsinks
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 20, 2014 5:32:01 AM

Does the kraken g10 support an ASUS r9 290?
And will these
( http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/8PCS-Pure-Copper-Memory-Coo... ) heatsinks fit with the g10 and r9
thank you

More about : kraken g10 support asus 290

August 20, 2014 6:01:58 AM

In the NZXT website it says that that bracket is compatible with the graphics card, but this is not using the reference cooler so I looked at the dimensions for both pieces.
GPU bracket: 17.7 cm long, 3.32 cm wide and 11.06 cm high.
Asus 290: 28.7 cm long, 4.06 cm wide and 14.73 cm high.
The GPU bracket seems to be smaller than that Asus graphics card. That bracket is designed for the reference cooler of a card.
m
0
l
August 20, 2014 6:16:54 AM

FunGui said:
In the NZXT website it says that that bracket is compatible with the graphics card, but this is not using the reference cooler so I looked at the dimensions for both pieces.
GPU bracket: 17.7 cm long, 3.32 cm wide and 11.06 cm high.
Asus 290: 28.7 cm long, 4.06 cm wide and 14.73 cm high.
The GPU bracket seems to be smaller than that Asus graphics card. That bracket is designed for the reference cooler of a card.


so it will not fitt ?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 20, 2014 6:17:52 AM

Probably not.
m
0
l
August 20, 2014 6:23:28 AM

FunGui said:
Probably not.


and will the arctic accelero iii or iv fit?
m
0
l
a c 245 U Graphics card
August 20, 2014 6:36:44 AM

Is it the Reference blower style model? Or the Direct CU II model?

If its the reference model, then the G10 will work fine, and them copper heatsinks will work fine, i have the same ones, but get some thermal tape to stick them on, they arent sticky enough out of the box.
m
0
l
August 20, 2014 6:45:18 AM

RobCrezz said:
Is it the Reference blower style model? Or the Direct CU II model?

If its the reference model, then the G10 will work fine, and them copper heatsinks will work fine, i have the same ones, but get some thermal tape to stick them on, they arent sticky enough out of the box.


will the asus directcu 2 model or the tri-x fitt??
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 245 U Graphics card
August 20, 2014 6:57:14 AM

gtx660I5 said:
RobCrezz said:
Is it the Reference blower style model? Or the Direct CU II model?

If its the reference model, then the G10 will work fine, and them copper heatsinks will work fine, i have the same ones, but get some thermal tape to stick them on, they arent sticky enough out of the box.


will the asus directcu 2 model or the tri-x fitt??



Cant say for sure, but it probably will, as long as the mounting holes are in the same place.

That said, if you want to use the G10, then buy a cheaper reference model.
Share