Solved

Corsair 250D compatibility with Corsair H80i cooler

Hey, im planning to build a PC with the Corsair 250D and I also want to cool an OCed i5 4690k with the Corsair H80i. According to Corsair's website, the H80i is not listed in the compatible coolers section. But, looking at its size, I thought that it could fit. Anyone tried this already? If yes, would love your answer, would help out alot

Thanks in advance :D
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair 250d compatibility corsair h80i cooler
  1. I don't think it'll fit, they've stated that pretty clearly here:
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Video-Perspective-Corsair-Obsidian-250D-Mini-ITX-Case
  2. MeteorsRaining said:
    I don't think it'll fit, they've stated that pretty clearly here:
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Video-Perspective-Corsair-Obsidian-250D-Mini-ITX-Case


    Aww, if this cant fit I'll go with the Corsair H60, what are the differences between the H60 and the H80i?
  3. Please don't go with H60, its absolute crap IMO. Going with NH-U9B SE2 air cooler will be lot better given your case limitations. The NH-C14 and NH-L12 low profile coolers are an option too. H60 and H80i are pretty much head to head but I didn't have any good experience with H60 (leaks, pump failure, etc) so I'd rather opt a high end air cooler.
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Corsair-Hydro-Series-Cooler-Comparison-and-Review/Conclusion
  4. MeteorsRaining said:
    Please don't go with H60, its absolute crap IMO. Going with NH-U9B SE2 air cooler will be lot better given your case limitations. The NH-C14 and NH-L12 low profile coolers are an option too. H60 and H80i are pretty much head to head but I didn't have any good experience with H60 (leaks, pump failure, etc) so I'd rather opt a high end air cooler.
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Corsair-Hydro-Series-Cooler-Comparison-and-Review/Conclusion


    Can the 250D hold the NH-C14 with two fans?
  5. Best answer
    It'll house a single fan w/o issues but I'm not so sure about both the fans. I read it up here and they say it'll fit:
    http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125473&page=2

    But this site says 1 fan will rather fit:
    http://techreport.com/review/25938/corsair-obsidian-series-250d-case-reviewed/4

    I'll do a cautious approach and rather go with NH L9i, which'll fit surely w/o any modifications anywhere and is good at job too. Also, NH-C12P SE14 will fit too, but its just too much price so it'd not be that price/ performance as it'd be with L9i.
  6. MeteorsRaining said:
    It'll house a single fan w/o issues but I'm not so sure about both the fans. I read it up here and they say it'll fit:
    http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125473&page=2

    But this site says 1 fan will rather fit:
    http://techreport.com/review/25938/corsair-obsidian-series-250d-case-reviewed/4

    I'll do a cautious approach and rather go with NH L9i, which'll fit surely w/o any modifications anywhere and is good at job too. Also, NH-C12P SE14 will fit too, but its just too much price so it'd not be that price/ performance as it'd be with L9i.


    A post on the Corsair forum showed that the 250D had 150mm height available for the heatsink, and the NH-C14 is 130mm with dual fan, according to a review on Newegg, so I think it will fit unless the measurements are wrong. Anyway, thanks for the help, really appreciate it :D Gonna go a-bit more research on the NH-C14, if later I find that it doesnt fit, I'll go for the L9i.
  7. All the best! Sorry if I confused you, not too thorough with Mini ITX cases nowadays :)
  8. The 250D looks awesome, and it will be a LAN PC, because of its small size and portability.
  9. And just asking, can the L9i cool an OCed i5 4690k?
  10. I've seen people going over 4.4GHz with that cooler at decent temps :)
  11. Maybe a stupid question, but the NH-C14 is cools better than the L9i right? Just making sure
  12. Yes it does :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Components Intel i5 Cooling Build Corsair Compatibility