PC Crashes Loud Buzzing Just replaced PSU - Must be faulty GPU?

So I have been having issues with my PC crashing, usually when gaming. The screen goes to a random colour and there is a loud buzzing noise. I then have to hard reset the system. Sometimes the screen will go black and it comes back with a pop-up saying display driver has stopped responding. I bought a new PSU today and plugged it in hoping it was a faulty PSU, was working fine for 4 hours but just crashed on me. Therefore it must be down to my GPU. I have tried every test imaginable and havent been able to reproduce the crash. I have also troubleshooted through multiple threads to no avail.

If anyone has any other reasons for the crash or solutions im all ears but I believe it is a GPU error. I am looking to purchase a new gtx770. I was looking to upload my specs here but couldnt find an attachment option. If you follow this link where I posted in different forum you can view my specs in a .zip folder.

http://
17 answers Last reply
More about crashes loud buzzing replaced psu faulty gpu
  1. Post your build.

    Download HWInfo and run Sensors. Post the results - usually 3 screenshots in TinyPic or similar.

    Do a bios reset.

    Do a checkdisk with repair

    Do a hard drive scan - eg Avast, Malwarebytes

    Try a different graphics card. Try your graphics card in another pc.
  2. I had something similar with my G73JH-A1 from Asus (it's a gaming laptop). It was and it is still the biggest lemon I ever bought. All in all, it was the graphic card.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnV5rQpknYA&feature=youtu.be

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOw8mOqj7QA&feature=youtu.be
  3. i7Baby said:
    Post your build.

    Download HWInfo and run Sensors. Post the results - usually 3 screenshots in TinyPic or similar.

    Do a bios reset.

    Do a checkdisk with repair

    Do a hard drive scan - eg Avast, Malwarebytes

    Try a different graphics card. Try your graphics card in another pc.


    Like I said you can view my spec in the link provided but here it is :

    Case
    PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
    Processor (CPU)
    Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
    Motherboard
    ASUS® P8H77-M: M-ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, CrossFireX™
    Memory (RAM)
    8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
    Graphics Card
    2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 Ti - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
    1st Hard Disk
    1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
    1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
    24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
    Memory Card Reader
    INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
    Power Supply
    450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
    Processor Cooling
    INTEL SOCKET LGA1155 STANDARD CPU COOLER
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
    Wireless/Wired Networking
    10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
    USB Options
    MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

    Bios is most up to date did it 5 days ago. Done scans, also I think its highly unlikely its a virus causing this as I have re-installed windows on a separate partition and still had the crashing. Dont have a spare GPU lying around to test out, or a spare pc unfortunately.
  4. Download HWInfo and run Sensors. Post the results - usually 3 screenshots in TinyPic or similar.
  5. i7Baby said:
    Download HWInfo and run Sensors. Post the results - usually 3 screenshots in TinyPic or similar.


    I presume you mean while I am gaming?
  6. If possible - start Sensors recording before to see mins and max's.
  7. i7Baby said:
    If possible - start Sensors recording before to see mins and max's.


    Okay, I'll record before and after gaming then post back with results.

    I noticed AUXTIN2 is at 104C... that isnt normal is it?
  8. Okay so here are my results from HWINFO. I'd like to note it crashed and recovered while it was recording so maybe you can find something.

    http://tinypic.com/r/30kczdl/8
    http://tinypic.com/r/15h1ld2/8
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zvg6pu/8
  9. Just had two crashes one after another in quick succession. They seem to be getting more frequent.
  10. You only seem to have 5.5GB ram - check it with memtest86.

    Your CPU is running OK - 50C max.

    Your PSU is running great.

    Your GPU is running at 71C with 1.175V Have you overclocked it?

    Blow your case out with compressed air to get rid of built up dust.

    Get rid of any overclocks.

    Bump up your cpu and gpu fan speeds.
  11. i7Baby said:
    You only seem to have 5.5GB ram - check it with memtest86.

    Your CPU is running OK - 50C max.

    Your PSU is running great.

    Your GPU is running at 71C with 1.175V Have you overclocked it?

    Blow your case out with compressed air to get rid of built up dust.

    Get rid of any overclocks.

    Bump up your cpu and gpu fan speeds.


    Thanks for getting back to me. I checked my memory with memtest for 12 hours previously but I shall do that tonight again. Why do I only have 5.5 G? I have x2 4GB Kingston plugged in. PSU is brand new so im glad its running great!

    I have not overclocked anything. Are those GPU figures strange?

    I blew my case out with compressed air a week ago, that was the first thing I did.
  12. Ok I ran memtest and it produced no errors. How do I bump up my fan speeds? Im certain its a hardware problem specifically my GPU.
  13. Your motherbvoard - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H77M/ - has
    "ASUS UEFI BIOS (EZ Mode)

    Flexible and Easy BIOS Interface
    ASUS UEFI BIOS offers the first mouse-controlled graphical BIOS designed with selectable modes, providing a user-friendly interface that goes beyond the traditional keyboard-only controls. It also natively supports fully-utilized hard drives larger than 2.2TB in 64-bit operating systems.

    ASUS exclusive interface
    EZ Mode displays frequently-accessed info. Users can choose system performance settings, and drag and drop boot priorities. Advanced Mode for performance enthusiasts includes detailed DRAM settings via a dedicated memory info page for complete insight."
  14. i7Baby said:
    Your motherbvoard - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H77M/ - has
    "ASUS UEFI BIOS (EZ Mode)

    Flexible and Easy BIOS Interface
    ASUS UEFI BIOS offers the first mouse-controlled graphical BIOS designed with selectable modes, providing a user-friendly interface that goes beyond the traditional keyboard-only controls. It also natively supports fully-utilized hard drives larger than 2.2TB in 64-bit operating systems.

    ASUS exclusive interface
    EZ Mode displays frequently-accessed info. Users can choose system performance settings, and drag and drop boot priorities. Advanced Mode for performance enthusiasts includes detailed DRAM settings via a dedicated memory info page for complete insight."


    I don't understand sorry. How is that supposed to help me? What does that let me do
  15. CPU - bios/uefi (as above)

    GPU - Afterburner
  16. i7Baby said:
    CPU - bios/uefi (as above)

    GPU - Afterburner


    I have bumped my fans up but it still crashes.
  17. Try a different graphics card. Try your graphics card in a different PC.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Components