Best 1155 socket motherboard under £50?

Fozzy786

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
Hi guys,

So I've been looking at upgrading my mobo and it is driving me crazy. All these sockets and features and upgradeability and compatibility that I have to look into is too much.

So I'm asking for some help from you tech wizards!

My CPU is a i5 2320. I believe it is using the sandy bridge architecture and is a 1155 socket. I tried matching these up with other mobos but the prices and stuff just leave me clueless.

The main things I want out from it is for it to have some USB 3.0 Ports, be compatible with my hd7850 GPU, allow me to upgrade to a better GPU and CPU eventually so would defo want PCI 3.0, have 4 RAM slots if possible and be a ATX sized mobo.

So far I have narrowed it down to this motherboard but would really appreciate any better recommendation.

£45 - Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H (Dont know the difference between the DS3H and the D3H): http://www.ebuyer.com/386271-gigabyte-ga-z77-ds3h-socke...

Seems to have all the things I would need and a good quality reputation too. Not sure what else is out there.

Would appreciate your input, cheers guys!

Solution
Yes, its ok. Honestly, any B75 or H77 or Z77 board will be fine. You can not OC the processor any way so I would say get what you can find cheapest.

Gigabyte and Asus are the two brands I trust for motherboards.

Bluemoon_9

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
Yes, its ok. Honestly, any B75 or H77 or Z77 board will be fine. You can not OC the processor any way so I would say get what you can find cheapest.

Gigabyte and Asus are the two brands I trust for motherboards.

Solution