Solved

800 dollar gaming computer? Any help?

Hello, I'm going to be getting a new PC this November, and I've only got a $800 budget give or take. First of all, let me list the rig I'm currently using.

My Current PC: http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G74SX/specifications/

I love it to bits, I got it when I was still playing on console and I did not know better, so I got a laptop. I don't even treat it like a laptop. It sits on it's own desk to my right, and it's connected to an external monitor and keyboard on my main deck.

Oh, and also, if you suggest any PC's to me, try to make sure they are better than this one. Or at least just as good. I don't know how, but it still runs pretty good. I've had it for 3 years. It can play BF4 at ultra at 25 FPS. High at 35-40. It's pretty decent for it's age. So, just try to make sure whatever PC you show me, make sure that it's better, or at least as good.

Also, I found this on some forum, how does this PC look?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xPzFK8
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 800 dollar gaming computer
  1. Yea that build seems nice although corsair CX series are..contraversial. that PC build should definetly outperform your laptop by far,that motherboard not very suited for OC'in ,aim for UD3P.
  2. Best answer
    2nd on the UD3P.

As for the PSU, for roughly the same price, you could get a higher quality and better output unit.

If you need to mitigate budget to do so, mitigate it with the SSD. THe crucial M500 is still a good SSD.

In all honestly, in this budget. I suggest just ignoring the SSD, and moving that budget into a stronger GPU or something. You could always pick up that SSD later on or something. It's more of a luxury than a necessity. If you had more money to spend on the system, then it would be easier to throw in a few more improvements then, but within this budget. Better to focus on the parts that'll actually find a more effective use in gaming.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Micro Center)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($65.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.24 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($219.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $803.15
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Components