i5 4670 + GTX 760 enough for 1080p gaming?

stratoFortress

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Hello guys! This is my first time here and since I've heard a lot of theories about i5's and i7's I would like to ask you.

I would like to build a (budget) gaming PC on which I could play the latest games (Battlefield 3, maybe 4, Sniper Elite v2 and perhaps 3, etc., but no Whatch Dogs or any RPG.) I would like to play in 1080p on max settings of course. And if possible I would like to do this / play like this for at least 2 years. I mean it would be great if this machine could run nearly all of the games on max or on high in 1080p in the upcoming 2 years.

I am not planning to do any rendering, video editing, not even live streaming, just playing with friends.

My rig would be:

- Intel Core i5 - 4670 (not K)
- 8Gigs of RAM (Corsair)
- Asus GTX 760 (2GB DDR5)
- 1 TB WD hard drive
- FSP Hexa+ 500W (I read it reaches 80%)
- Some cheap mobos unter 100$ e.g. ASRock B85M Pro4 ?

My question is: Would this machine be able to run nearly all of the games in max/high settings in the next 2 years. And is this processor and PSU enough? Oooor, should I wait for the next gen Intels and nVidias? Because I would buy it in winter :D

Thanks for your time and help! And sorry for my bad English. Have a nice day!

stratoFortress

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Well, thanks for the answers, but I don't think that an i3 and a GTX 770 would be great together. The i3 is not really enough for most of the current games... But my question now is, that should I wait for the 5th gen. Intels and the 8xx nVidias or what?

dearupol

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
u dont need to wait for 5th gen or nvidea. the prossesor is ok for nxt couple of years but if u go with the 760 u wont play at high setting in most games but if buy the gtx 770 it will do the trick well for atlest 2 years. if u think budget is problem then u can switch the prossesor like 4590.