i5 3450 hd graphics 2500

Reyoch Ch

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
I have msi r9 270x 2gb. and i5 3450..when i enable intergrated graphics in bios..does it work both simultaneously for gaming.graphics card and intergrated graphics card..both work??performance any increase or decrease..??

Solution
When both units are enabled your Graphics Card will always override your Integrated Graphics Chipset.

This is because your Integrated Graphics Chipset uses system RAM because it doesn't have any RAM of its own. That means it has to share RAM with your CPU which can result in overall system performance loss.

Your Graphics Card has its own dedicated RAM which it can access much faster than system RAM (which needs to be accessed via the Motherboard's 'Northbridge' component). This allows it to be many, many times faster than an Integrated Graphics Chipset as well as ensuring all your system RAM is available to the CPU, resulting in much faster performance.
When both units are enabled your Graphics Card will always override your Integrated Graphics Chipset.

This is because your Integrated Graphics Chipset uses system RAM because it doesn't have any RAM of its own. That means it has to share RAM with your CPU which can result in overall system performance loss.

Your Graphics Card has its own dedicated RAM which it can access much faster than system RAM (which needs to be accessed via the Motherboard's 'Northbridge' component). This allows it to be many, many times faster than an Integrated Graphics Chipset as well as ensuring all your system RAM is available to the CPU, resulting in much faster performance.

Solution
The gpu will not always override the igpu. It depends where the monitor is connected to and if you have a monitor in each then you can switch in windows which gpu it uses. Taking ram isn't an issue, mine is set to 32mb, and if you have plenty to spare then there is no issue if you want to set it to its max.

For gaming, there is no increase nor decrease, they can't sli/cf so the igpu just does nothing.