fx-8350 and 960GC-GS FX (black screen :()

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolai4os

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Hey I recently got a 780 ti and its working really well stress tested it and all for more than an hour no errors or anything but when I run a stress test on my fx-8350 (100% usage) my pc goes black screen and nothing untill i restart the system
other specs are 1tb hdd,8gb ram (1 stick) 1600mhz , 600w psu ( http://i.imgur.com/CmTPN4V.jpg pic of its thingy), :( I dont know what to do forgot to mention there are lag spikes while playing and gpu usage is never above 50% when playing ah and I didnt have a 8 pin adapter so I used 1 6 pin and 2 pin for the 8 pin slot on the gpu

SU11YBEAR

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Definitely not a fan of that PSU for this setup, the 2 extra pins are GND pins so shouldn't be as big of issue but may be causing it.
Can't find a review for that unit (only one is in french and pre-review)
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviewdb/PSUs/FSP/
Can't find it on the tier list either
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

The issue I would have with power is that you are running near the max on the 12V rail if both are pulling full load, i would want a 650W plus for that chip and card, might not solve the issue but I would feel more comfortable with that type of setup (you have ~$1000 in CPU and GPU and ~$50 PSU)

miggtt699

Distinguished

Just get rid of that powersupply before anything blows up, trust me, that is not a good sign, specially in such low branded products.

nikolai4os

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
ok I've tryed heavy load and no crashes here so it is the PSU ? or Might it be the gpu? I stress tested the gpu without the cpu before and it didnt fail if someone can answer that :)

nikolai4os

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
I FINNALY RESOLVED THE PROBLEM GUYS ! turns out the 4 pin connected to my mother board didnt give enough Voltages I just changed it with the other 4 pin and everything IS SUPER DUPER NOW! FUCK THIS SHIT I WAS SO WORRIED ! (now all I gotta do is get another ram stick so i resolve the low fps in some games)

nikolai4os

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
turned out its even more wierder when I used the stability test everything is fine it must be prime95 and heavyload on some point since every test in amd overdrive (cpu usage at 100% and no problems at all !) so its deffinitely not the cpu or anything there was no problem at all it seems. (yes that means when I try prime95 I get black screen :|)

nikolai4os

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Now I see where the problem is ! BOTH Prime95 and HeavyLoad Use A Piece of my RAM (And I have a single channel seems that a single channel cant handle with the fx-8350) I've made some research and I people that had single channel had the same problem and when they upgraded to dual they saw over 60% performance boost

nikolai4os

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
well yea it is deffinitely solved the problem is 100% in the single channel ram I have now Ill get dual channel soon enough :) since the it doesent crash in the amd stress test and cpu is at 100% i think there is no problem right ?

prahadude

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Hi , im not sure if mine is similar to yours

I just got these hardwares separately (new)

AMD FX8350 + Cryorig H7
GIGABYTE GA970A gaming
Kingston HyperX 8gb x2 1866MHz
500gb SSD
2 x 1TB HDD
Gigabyte 750Ti
Corsair VS 550

when i use it for normal surfing everything is fine.

but when i do multi tasking, or gaming , the screen will go black and i will need to restart from the power on/off.
Even reset cant boot the system

Also , this system fails the stress test, same thing..it goes black screen halfway through

* i tried using a lower end sapphire HD6670 and do the stress test , the same black screen appears too.

Any idea?

i did a simple PSU calculation http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator, and it says load voltage 337W only

Status
Not open for further replies.