Should I get i5-4460 or a10-7700k

Solution
Hope you are a casual gamer. All of a sudden, you might even try to turn into a hardcore gamer. For that, you need Intel i5-4460! Bottleneck with your GPU isn't suspected.

Considering you hardly use your computer for gaming and want to play around PHOTOSHOP, after effects, and other useful applications, I recommend A10-7700k! It also saves 20$ (as per the website links above). Also, it's not going to be a bottleneck for your graphics card.
Hope you are a casual gamer. All of a sudden, you might even try to turn into a hardcore gamer. For that, you need Intel i5-4460! Bottleneck with your GPU isn't suspected.

Considering you hardly use your computer for gaming and want to play around PHOTOSHOP, after effects, and other useful applications, I recommend A10-7700k! It also saves 20$ (as per the website links above). Also, it's not going to be a bottleneck for your graphics card.

Solution
i5 is a massive improvment over the a10. When you add the fact that you are using a dedicated graphics card you are taking away the only bennifit the a10 has, which is cheap integrated graphics.

If you needed a cpu in the price range of the a10 then look at AMDs fx-8320 or fx-8350. The i5 is still better then either of those, but if budget is a factor the fx cpus are still miles better then the a10

Lol OP! I know that you're in a hurry. What is crossfire? It's 2 same AMD graphic cards. I think you are trying to ask if your PSU will provide enough power to your card. Can you mention us what brand and how many watts?

No the a10 will not corssfire with the old GPU, it will only crossfire with a r7 240 or r7 250.

Let me ask this, what do you do with your computer?
If doing photoshop or anything that is going to utilize a cpu the i5 will be much better. The A10 (and all the FM2 socket CPUs) are weak CPUs, they sacrifice CPU performance for adding a medium end GPU onto the chip. By getting the A10 you are dooming yourself to a crappy cpu and a poor upgrade path.

Von Swordfish

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
oh okay thanks boosted. Uh this computer will be a htpc some small gaming and I would like it to be able to play 4k quality video in the future. By no means want it to play 4k games obviously.