1000$ pc build with a AMD cpu with 8 cores.

Captin

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
I want to make a gaming pc I'll also be doing game developing on it to. I want the os included in the price. Thx

Solution
Ok if you are only outputting to a 720P display then you really don't need to spend a lot on graphics, and $1000 is probably more than you need to spend on a gaming machine for this resolution. If you have any plans to upgrade your display in the short-medium term then you could spend a bit more, but as it stands I'd recommend maybe $700 max.
Funnily enough, you won't find many benchmarks for "Ultra 720P" as by modern standards it's a very low resolution and the main reason it would be included is to benchmark onboard graphics at low settings or entry level cards.

Unity isn't software I've used so I really can't comment, but it seems reasonably low end (unless anyone can jump in here and correct me) so I doubt it'll be a problem with...

NONE4YOUU

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
Oh why, just why... and AMD fanboy... Ugh...... Oh and sorry for not including OS...

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xqrfnQ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xqrfnQ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($171.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($86.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($319.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake VL800P1W2N (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($46.90 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: Cooler Master VSM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($107.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($47.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $944.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-29 02:26 EDT-0400

I PREFER INTEL

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MYrqrH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MYrqrH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($86.80 @ Mwave)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($324.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($28.83 @ NCIX US)
Total: $882.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-29 02:21 EDT-0400

Anything over a budget of $800 is not really a good pairing with an AMD CPU. Up to the FX-6300 and FX-8320 (which can be fit into a $700-$800 build easily), they keep pace with Intel's price/performance ratio very well. By the time you hit $1000 though, there's really no reason to get an FX CPU unless you're going to be doing purely rendering or professional tasks.

The FX-8320, FX-8350, FX-9370, and FX-9590 are all the same CPU at different clocks. Meaning the FX-8320 is the only one of the octa-core bunch worth the price.

Rammy

Honorable

This is the best build linked in this thread so far, simply because it's the one closest to your original requirements.
The motherboard is arguably a bit expensive (there are cheaper options) and at ~$1000 I'd personally want to spend more on the case, but otherwise it's very solid. The best thing about it is that it's nicely balanced, and nothing is too cheap, but as much as possible of the budget has been forced into graphics which is the most important gaming component. +1

You can certainly make a case for AMD if you are using software which can exploit the extra threads. The 8320 and 8350 are both quite viable as a gaming+(other stuff which uses threading better) type of builds, but in general they are inferior to i5s in an exclusively gaming build, and completely fall apart if you want more flexibility on system size (you really can't do a decent build at anything below ATX).

If you do go down the Intel route then you tend to fall into one of two camps - overclocking or not overclocking.
As a general rule, non-overclocked systems will outperform overclocked systems in gaming when built to identical budgets simply because overclocked systems require extra costs. $1000 is a healthy budget and at this price point you can comfortably pick which you prefer, however if you decide you want to keep the budget down and head for say $800 or so, then you'll likely get the best resuls from an non-overclocked i5 OR one of the AMD CPUs.

Rammy

Honorable

It's not great. Factor in the OS and a suitable CPU cooler and it's at least $200 over budget.
The CPU is outdated (the 4690K is very similarly priced and worth any extra anyway)
The motherboard isn't very good - not good for overclocking and no SLI support (the two main features of Z-series motherboards)
The PSU isn't very good - it's more capacity than you need and the quality is a relative unknown.

Well you can either build to a budget or build to a requirement, that's basically your two options.
If you have $1000 to spend and want to spend it all, then it's pretty easy for us to throw $1000 machines at you and because it's a decent amount of money, I'd bet that all of them will do what you want, with varying degrees of success.
By building to a requirement, you can try and find better value for money. At no point have you mentioned your display resolution - this is hugely important. If you are running a 1080P display then spending money on a card like a 290X is kinda a waste of money when something half the price will actually handle 1080P gaming absolutely fine.
If we know exactly which software you want to use, and what you expect to achieve, then we can try and nail a "minimum spend" to achieve it. So - which dev software do you intend to use? and by Ultra do you mean "60fps with absolutely everything turned on" or "decent fps with most things turned on"? Both of these things are "Ultra" but one might need a $200 graphics card and one might need a $500+ graphics card.

Captin

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
Hmm ok what do you suggest rammy? I don't care whether it's Intel or amd I just want the best performance and if it's 150$ dollars over not that big of a deal just as long as the os and a after market fan for the cpu is included

Captin

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
Just not read the rest of ur message. And the TV I'm using is a 720p and getting 60 fps on ultra ain't that big of a deal either. I'll be doing gaming on it of course programing. Scripting rendering some 3d models nothing huge as far as rendering go's. I don't really know what else u need

Captin

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
And for the dev software I think u mean what I'll be using to make a game. I use unity and the games will mostly be first person games bf4 cod Arma 3 dayZ planet side 2 and of course minecraft with a crapton of mods

Rammy

Honorable
Ok if you are only outputting to a 720P display then you really don't need to spend a lot on graphics, and $1000 is probably more than you need to spend on a gaming machine for this resolution. If you have any plans to upgrade your display in the short-medium term then you could spend a bit more, but as it stands I'd recommend maybe $700 max.
Funnily enough, you won't find many benchmarks for "Ultra 720P" as by modern standards it's a very low resolution and the main reason it would be included is to benchmark onboard graphics at low settings or entry level cards.

Unity isn't software I've used so I really can't comment, but it seems reasonably low end (unless anyone can jump in here and correct me) so I doubt it'll be a problem with any modern CPU. Their own system requirements more or less say "A PC or Mac"

This is really just a random example as it really depends what specifically you are looking for, but keeping it simple -
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($151.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($25.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $719.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-29 10:36 EDT-0400

I've gone with a basic i5 (which you can add a cooler to if you wish, but the stock cooler works ok).
A motherboard which has M.2 support.
Left out an SSD, but you could easily add one.
Cheap but good quality PSU with enough flexibility to upgrade graphics cards if you want to at some point.
Went for mATX for case+motherboard to keep costs down, you can easily swap this to whatever you like.
I went for $150 spend on graphics, but this is the area which you can scale the most. The card I included will be fine at 720P for the forseeable future and stops you spending loads of money on something you don't need. By keeping the price down it means that if you do upgrade your display, you aren't wasting huge amounts.

Solution

Captin

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
Would it be beneficial to OC and also ik 720p is crap but all I got atm and u think this will run bf4 on good settings ultra ain't a big deal I'd be happy with medium to high settings. And I wonder how much a 1080p monitor would add to the bill

Captin

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
Could u do a build for 1080p I see a Asus monitor that's 1080p 5ms response I'm not a hard core gamer in that aspect Im moving my pc out of my room so I'll need a new monitor anyway

TomThePotato

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
I guess this one will be fine for 1080p gaming.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qjGpQ7

If you want, you can go for the 4690k and a Z97 mobo which will end up being about 1020 dollars, but I wanted to have some money left over so you can start saving up for a monitor. You can go for a cheap H81 K (something like that) since alot of H mobos are able to OC from what I heard, but the Z97/H97 motherboards will be compatible with Broadwell.