6850 will it work fine on a 550w non bronze cheap PSU ?

G

I am going to buy a 2nd user 6850 , i know my main computer PSU it will work fine on as i usally run a 7970 in there , but once my 7970 has been returned from RMA i will want to put the 6850 in my older 2nd system....the psu is 550 watt but it is not bronze etc , just a cheaper standard PSU , no six pin connector but i do have a adaptor for that....

My 2nd system has 2gb ram , 1 ssd , 1 500gig 7200 HD , intel 6600 quad core cpu , all running at normal speeds no overclocking , onboard graphics

Will my PSU handle the 6850 ??? ideally i do not want to spend extra money on a new PSU

So whats your thoughts !

Solution
If it actually had the proper PCIe cables I'd say it should be fine as long as its in good working order. But if you have to use an adapter with it as well, I'd say its in your best interest to invest in a new one. The wattage is "enough," but the concerns here are quality and reliability.

oxiide

Distinguished
If it actually had the proper PCIe cables I'd say it should be fine as long as its in good working order. But if you have to use an adapter with it as well, I'd say its in your best interest to invest in a new one. The wattage is "enough," but the concerns here are quality and reliability.

Solution