Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Old Hard drive reusage

Last response: in Storage
Share
August 30, 2014 6:16:15 AM

Hi guys, I have an old 500 gb SATA hdd which has 2 partitions which has windows 7 and the drivers of my old PC in one partition and other data in another partition. Can i use this hdd in my new gaming rig, this new gaming rig already has a 1TB with windows 8.1 installed and all my drivers installed in.

More about : hard drive reusage

a b 4 Gaming
a b \ Driver
a c 884 G Storage
August 30, 2014 6:22:04 AM

Copy off any critical data, wipe the drive (ALL partitions), and use as needed.
m
0
l
August 30, 2014 11:23:31 AM

USAFRet said:
Copy off any critical data, wipe the drive (ALL partitions), and use as needed.


Unfortunately my old PC motherboard is fried, therefore i have my only new PC rig can i plug in my sata old hdd to the new PC?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b \ Driver
a c 884 G Storage
August 30, 2014 11:24:26 AM

legendz9 said:
USAFRet said:
Copy off any critical data, wipe the drive (ALL partitions), and use as needed.


Unfortunately my old PC motherboard is fried, therefore i have my only new PC rig can i plug in my sata old hdd to the new PC?


Yes. Just be sure that drive is not in the existing boot order, and go for it.
Share
August 30, 2014 11:33:26 AM

USAFRet said:
legendz9 said:
USAFRet said:
Copy off any critical data, wipe the drive (ALL partitions), and use as needed.


Unfortunately my old PC motherboard is fried, therefore i have my only new PC rig can i plug in my sata old hdd to the new PC?


Yes. Just be sure that drive is not in the existing boot order, and go for it.



Thank you very much =)

m
0
l
!