750 Ti usage won't go above about 10%? Extreme lag!

nubbyskrubbins

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
I have a 750 Ti, and I have recently done some light overclocking. It was stuck at 405 MHz, and with a BIOS reset, it was back to stock clocks, and working fine. Now, I have another problem. The GPU usage percentage will not go above 10% or so. Even when in a super GPU-intensive game like Assassin's Creed Black Flag, usage is basically pinning at 6-10%. In msi afterburner, I have the power limit % set to 100. Everything else is at stock. Afterburner and GPU-Z are reading 1775.5 MHz core clock. This is causing unbearable lag. Even in a simple game like Unturned, I only get about 10 fps at the most. Why would the usage be so low? Is this what is causing the lag?

What's wrong? I have scoured the internet for a solution, to no avail.

Thanks for help in advance,

NubbySkrubbins

jeffredo

Distinguished
I got a PNY GTX 750 Ti that had a factory overclock of 1202 Mhz. I OC'd it to 1300 Mhz and it ran fine for a few hours. Then it started doing the same thing - slide show FPS instead of just crashing. Even with a reset to stock clocks it would randomly drop from 60 FPS down to the single digits a few seconds after loading a game. I sent it back as defective to where I bought it.

md1032

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So...yeah... something is seriously wrong. Check the following:

1) INF (chipset) drivers (hint: if it says Microsoft Corporation, that is not correct) - look under IDE/ATA in device manager
2) SATA drivers (hint: if it says Microsoft Corporation, that is not correct)
3) CPU and GPU temps

nubbyskrubbins

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

I don't have the machine in front of me right now, but I remember the temps. GPU: 40-45C, CPU: about 55-60C. I will report back with the other things.